Wobbly Delta kitchen faucet

Hello! I don't find this subject in an XPAT search, so maybe somebody will reply with the info. Our Delta mixer kitchen faucet is so wobbly that you have to hold the base when you move the handle. It's partly my fault because I moved it when tightening the adjuster ring with that little tool they give you in the repair kit. The faucet is in a one-piece Am. Standard cast sink. I don't see how it attaches. There's some sort of clip underneath which is not tight. Do I have to remove the sink? Can I shim it from underneath? Did something drop out when I was wrestling with it before? If you know how these things are attached, let me know. Thanks. Ed.
Ed Ferris wrote:

Get the model number and go to Delta's web site http://deltacom.deltafaucet.com/wps/portal It will take some hunting but they do have a lot of info.
Or at least post back with the link to a pic of the model you have.
Jim
Ed Ferris <none> wrote in

The clip is tightened by a 1/2-in. hex socket, from underneath the sink. The adjuster is parallel to the hoses on the side toward the user.