Kitchen faucet noise

Strange thing - My kitchen sink has a two year old Glacier Bay faucet with spray attachment. Recently it has been making a 'thumping' noise at low flow rates - about 3 times per second. I can feel it in the sprayer hose, but not the metal plumbing. As I increase the flow rate, the frequency of the thumps increases, until at max rate it stops completely. It really has me baffled, as there has never been an air hammer 'tube' there in the 14 years I've lived here, so I don't think that would be the cause of the problem. Comments will be appreciated! TIA

Reply to
PanHandler

Right, it's not air hammer or water hammer. It's related to the spray wand. Inside the faucet base is a "diverter valve". Yours probably has one with a rubber diaphragm design (I'm guessing) and these will make odd thumping noises when needing replacement.

Did it come with any warranty?

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim