Windoor World !!BEWARE!!

Page 2 of 2
Ted wrote:

Same story at our house with minor variations in the details - Same junk material, workmanship, and customer service. Don't be fooled by what you see if you visit a showroom.
--
------------------------------------
best regards,
Ted wrote:

We have delivered a beautiful product to this customer. However, he did not buy a GRAND PIANO. The finish is a spayed on finish that is the equal to a car finish. NOT a PIANO. We try to please every customer but some people you cannot please. We have offered everything including some of his money back.
Have you PERSONALLY gone over and looked at the job? From what he has described, it does not sound like a beautiful product. WHo uses scres to put on door trim? Even trim head screws would be improper in this installation. What, don't your installers have a hammer and finish nails?

Sounds like the installers were in a rush to back to the donut shop.

Hell, they shouldn't even be allowed in a respectable dount shop....if you don't have the tools, don't do the job. I always carry my Paslode airless finish nailer and a paintbrush with me no matter what job I am on. There are some tools that are just a basic need for any door installation....sheesh.

Chris wrote:

Damn straight. Me too.
-- The Gigolo

So I wonder why these "contractors" that wndoze world hires can't do a simple installation and some paint touch up???? Is it just me or what?
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

I've seen those in a bank or some such....

I was pretty neutral since it's a word for word type of thing, but the more I see you insist you're right and compare it against the written evidence the OP gave, I can say that you've lost me as a customer, if I was every likely to be one.
Not once have I seen you admit anywhere that someone, somewhere was at fault. All you had to do was say "yes, we screwed up, we'll refund the guys money, he can go elsewhere and he'll be happy that he hasn't been screwed over".
We would all be satisfied that you resolved the issue (finally) and maybe had some faith in your company. Nope, wasn't to be. Best thing you can do is quiety withdraw from this thread and let it die its natural death.
Regards Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...

I'm sure he was not expecting a piano finish. But, at the other extreme, your people delivered a door whose paint was still sticky. That indicates incompetence somewhere in your manufacturing process.
Doug Kanter wrote:

Over a period of about forever, too, it seems...
Thanks for the great write-up, Ted!

Pay with a credit card so you can dispute the charges later if you are not satisfied.
I had a very positive initial and follow-up experience with windoor world. great quality, fair price and fast service. I a complex xustom job and they installed it in a week and there wer no surprises! A water leak showed up at the next big rain, they came out the next day and fixed the leak. Pros!

How long have you worked there?