Windoor World !!BEWARE!!

Page 1 of 2
If you are considering using Windoor World in the Dallas Fort Worth area to purchase a door or windows you may want to read this first...
I bought an ODL steel door with internal mini blinds and paid $245 extra to have it painted at their shop. I was told that the trim inside and out would also be painted and installed and I wouldnt need to do anything additional to finish the door installation. Here is the chain of events. This took place over 3 months.
Appointment #1 They called the day before and said the door wasnt ready and wanted to reschedule for a week later. I talked to the woman that runs the place M.K. and explained that I had put my work off to be there for the install and asked if there was anyway that they could make the appointment. She said no. I asked for a refund at that time and she made it clear there would be no refund of my 50% deposit and they would get to it when they get to it.
Appointment #2 The installer shows up with a door. He tears my old doorframe out and gets ready to install the new door. Then he discovers that the door he brought was a 36 door, not the 32 door I ordered. He spent the next 3 hours putting my splintered up old doorframe back together so I would have a door.
Appointment #3 The installer brought a door and proceeded to install it. As I mentioned I paid extra for the door and trim to be painted. The interior trim had just a light mist covering of paint & had dried on paint drips as well. You could also see mill marks and a rough joint right above the doorknob level where it was so obvious. I asked him if he brought any paint so he could fix that & he said he got tired of waiting at the warehouse for it that morning and just left there without the paint. He also used SCREWS to install the interior trim and dabbed caulking in each of the large screw holes with his finger. The holes were still so obvious. When he claimed he was done I noticed that the door had a 4 dent in it at the bottom. He then tried to get me to settle for the door as is, cruddy unpainted trim, dent and all. He started at $100 and worked up to $300, I told him I wanted the job I paid for and said no, he appeared angry and left. I opened the blind in the door that night and one of the strings inside the sealed glass compartment came undone, so the blinds hang at a severe angle!
Appointment #4 The installer showed up with a replacement door that had just been painted that morning. They had tied it down in the truck and used a blanket or something to cover it. The fibers from the blanket stuck to the still tacky paint on the door and it looked horrible. It also had 2 dents and it looked like they had painted over some crud stuck to the door.
Appointment #5 The VP calls me and tells me that the installer didnt show up or call that morning and they had nobody to send out. He also said that the manager I had been working with walked out on them the day before. I asked him to go out to the warehouse and look at the door they were planning to send out. He looked at it and said that he would have yet ANOTHER door painted because that one looked bad. He then told me if I was not satisfied with the door they were going to bring out next he would give me a refund.
Appointment #6 The installer shows up with a door that looked painted OK but the plastic trim around the window insert was very wavy. Apparently when the door was assembled they really cranked down the screws hard causing the trim to warp. I told them I didnt like it & they told me they were all like that. I pointed out that the door that was presently installed did not have that. They took the door and left. I tried for over 2 weeks to contact the VP that said he would give me a refund if I was not happy. He never did return my calls and it became real clear he was dodging me.
Finally this issue was passed off to another person at Windoor World who offered me a discount on the door if I accepted the wavy trimmed one. I accepted his offer, I was getting really tired of this ordeal.
Appointment #7 The installer called me at the time he was due to arrive from the other side of town to ask where my home is. He had never heard of the city I live in & informed me he was a subcontractor for Windoor world. He arrived and hour later and proceeded to replace the door & install new trim. When he told me he was done I looked at the trim and it barely had a misting of primer on it, you could clearly see the bare wood. I paid $245 extra for the door and trim to be painted. I insisted that I wanted the trim painted & he did paint it, using a rag
If you have the 3 months to spare and plenty of patience and dont mind spending top dollar for inferior results then by all means call Windoor World. In my opinion this is a very poorly managed company from the top down.

Maybe a call to the Better Business Bureau may have brought around a speedier result for you.
" The following data concerns complaints processed by the BBB since the firm's file was opened on August 01, 1992 or over the last 36 months, whichever is less. Windoor World has had 12 complaints. 10 were closed as Resolved. 2 were closed as Company made every reasonable effort to Resolve. "
Regards Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...
Nigel Reed wrote:

In addition, a call to a local news channels consumer alert reporter is better if they have time to cover the issue.
Our BBB report speaks for it self. Over 24 years in business and over 50,000 satisfied customers.
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:00:56 -0700, we care wrote:

How many DIS-satisfied customers?
Linux Registered User #327951
My post speaks for its self, SEVEN appointments over THREE MONTHS!!! You cannot deny any of the facts I wrote. I am sure you don't want the truth to get out about how your company botched this job. Insinuating I expect a "Grand Piano" finish & that I am just picky is an insult. Only a blind person would have accepted that door the way it was.
Who uses big screws to install interior molding?? Your own service people said the door you installed looked like "S***"! No one from management was interested in looking at this installation. But yet you claim I am picky! Maybe you should ask your own service people what it looked like. Apparently you don't have a clue of the procedures that your SUB-CONTRACT installers may choose to employ on your customers homes.

Maybe you should take some pictures of the install and post them on a webpage so we can all see just how bad they screwed up. Then there would be no argument from WW in "hear".

planoite had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/Re-Windoor-World-BEWARE-17071-.htm : I can't comment on doors, since I didn't have them replace doors for me. However I did have Windoor World replace all of my windows back in 1998 and I was very pleased with the product and the work. I used them again for my new house in 2007 and once again they did a great job.

Another troll from the SUCKO SITE...Goggle usenet and get here the right way or fuck off....

"Resolved" sometimes means the customer gave up trying, and accepted less than they expected. Without specifics, BBB's data is meaningless.
Sometimes customers here want they want to here? Our report speaks for it self. We have been in business for over 24 years and have over 50,000 satitfied customers. We try to please all customers.
we care wrote:

You mean "hear", here? Then it might at least have a chance of making sense...

Well all of the contractors that I do business with on a regular basis think windoor world sucks and is overpriced. I have looked there a couple of times myself and have always founf the same items for about 40% less at Home Depot, Lowes or Wilson Plywood and Door.

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:07:42 -0700, we care wrote:

Huh? What are you trying to say hear?
Linux Registered User #327951
Probably the pitch was full of those errors, too! If you were in business for 24 years, you should have taken care of this problem before it hit the news groups. Too bad, so sad, thanks for playing our game. Better luck next time you fuck with a customer.
On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:36:37 -0500, Dan C

I suspect "resolved" means worn down and tired of dealing with such clowns. You reach a point when you realize that they simply cant deliver on the deal...
Nigel Reed wrote:

Maybe, but still, you'd have been alerted to the fact that there were problems with this company before hand. A call to the BBB would probably yield more information about the reports.
They're a good resource for both businesses and consumers. It's rare that I'll do business with a company who doesn't have a good report with the BBB.
Regards Nigel
--
www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends
www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking...
No sir! We resolve every complaint. We have worked hard to prove we are the best in the business. We try to please EVERYONE. Even you know that could be hard to do.

The OP said your technician reinstalled the door molding using screws. That's lame, and lazy. Whose idea was it?
thats bad that happened to you. i use window world in louisville ky for all my rentals and have been very satified. if i got a job done like yours i wouldnt pay.