Where to get talk radio?

I would like to listen to talk radio at my computer. I don't like Alex Jones. He talks way too fast. I do, however, enjoy listening to many topics instead of just politics.

Even topics such as UFOs or Bigfoot would be occasionally welcome.

Reply to
Seymore4Head

Can't really be done.

As soon as a UFO is seen, it's identified as such and thus, no longer a UFO.

It disappears and there is nothing to talk about.

Reply to
philo

tunein.com

Reply to
DerbyDad03

just google talkradio live stream

this looks OK, there are others of course. I'm listening to grumpy Bob Brinker now on some station from somewhere. Looks like an easy to use site. Now about talk radio... fat butt boring Rush has pretty much ruined it from what it once was. During weekdays it's mostly right wing hard care politics. Weekends are better, home repair, computers, auto repairs etc.

Reply to
My 2 Cents

I Heart Radio probably has it

Reply to
gfretwell

Second that. Plenty of talk podcasts, sports, music, whatever.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

This is good, but if you ever have problems with the web, freezing, crashing, slowing down a lot, here's a better idea.

Radiomaximus.

It continues to play well even when Firefox is not running, frozen, or restarting. Even when no other kind of data will download.

He has 3 other radio type players but this is the most completely developed.

It's free, and comes with a list of 100's of radio stations and their links. A few links don't work anymore, but you can also create your own if you can find out the appropriate url. I think once it was just the url of Listen Live

You can record too. In fact you can record one or two programs on separate stations while listening to a third station.

The only feature missing that you get with the paid version is the ability to do timed programming. For $29 you can set a start time, end time, station, and what to do when recording ends. If your computer might be off at that time, you can put an entry in the Windows Scheduler for a minute earlier that will turn the computer on. Only has one problem, not a biggie, that I'll describe if you want. Well, if you put the Windows sound on Mute, it puts the program's sound on mute too, but after a while, the program's mute goes to non-mute. Then when you change win sound to non-mute, it changes the program's settting to mute again, so you have to go TO the program to change that but not windows mute. The author has an email address but he never got back to me, but I see now he has a new version as of last month. Hmm. 4 new versions since mine! Maybe he changed this.

Reply to
Micky

Art Bell, all UFOs all the time.

Reply to
rbowman

...snip...

Are you still having problems with the paper tape reader on your teletype machine? ;-)

DerbyDad03

Fart Dingbell, Fruitcake Radio all the time.

Reply to
klm

Silly sarcasm aside,

Web radio is good, but internet radio is better because it doesn't depend on a webbrowser.

Use Radiomaximus.

It continues to play well even when a browswer is not loaded, not running, frozen, or restarting. Even when no other kind of data will download.