Where to find Torx screwdrivers, not bits?

I need some Torx screwdrivers. I can't use ordinary bits because the shaft diameter won't fit into the hole. Also, they have to be one or two sizes smaller than the Torx bits I have. About 1/8" or less.

Are there any (U.S.) local chain stores that sell them?

Thank you.

Reply to
John Doe

Sears, they have a black ring instead of the standard red& blue.

Reply to
RayV

Sears Lowe's Home Depot Ace Hardware

Methinks you haven't been looking very hard...

Reply to
Doug Miller

First determine what size torx you need:

go to Sears, Radio Shack, and Big Box store and get what you need like these:
should pay less than that.

Reply to
Grandpa

if you have bits have you thought about a bit holder/socket that might give you the length you need

Northern Hydralics has what you posted about (torx screwdrivers)

hardware stores near your news server

this worked for me ordering a pizza the other night

your news server

sosessyithurts

works best in IE environment (netscape also uses the IE engine)

Reply to
sosessyithurts

Diameter is that other measurement, perpendicular to length.

newssvr13.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm04.news.prodigy.com!newsdst01.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.com!newscon04.news.prodigy.net!prodigy.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!postnews.google.com!i3g2000cwc.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail

posting-account=aAWv6g0AAAANCkZllFrvhG1Bky26NG4I

Reply to
John Doe

You could use the bits if you welded them to the end of a length of rod. I've done that when the "standard" drivers were just too short. Weld a cross piece on the other end for a "T" handle and have at it.

Reply to
Grandpa

He WAS talking about diameter, the 1/4" hex on standard bits is about .280" "across the points" which is a LOT larger in diameter than the shanks on typical "handled" torx screwdrivers, particularly the smaller sizes.

Capice?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

maybe you can find something like a set pf alan wrenches

little L's where the driver is no bigger than the tip but then again you'd probably hurt your hand... i mean... YOU would

uuggh!

lol

no, it was windows live earth, that's right LIVE. you get birds eye view of popular attractions (like my house)

awesome view of WTC site, niagra falls etc.. way better than google earth it's browser based

Reply to
sosessyithurts

no i dont think he does

I mean after all it took a usenet post for him to find a kmart lmao

so I gave him a freaking map with lines drawn on it... the lines pointed to all the hardware stores within a 2 mile radius of his house lmao

Reply to
sosessyithurts

I have seen them in both automotive supply stores and computer/electronics stores.

Reply to
Robert Haar