Where can I get a conic section of wood slices?

I was thinking mostly wood - but plaster of paris should also work just as well as long as I can slice it with a saw into sections.

As a matter of fact, paster of paris seems like the best idea overall, as wood is too expensive (and hard to work without a lathe). Candle wax would work but is too fragile (kids are monkeys).

Plaster of paris might be fragile too - but it's so cheap that I can make extras. I probably need to find a mold which the inside of the traffic cones might supply (except for the sharp tip).

Reply to
Aardvarks

I picked up some plaster of paris today and will try to make the cones that way and cut them with a jig saw.

That's the cheapest way I think, and I thank you for the suggestions.

Reply to
Aardvarks

Good luck.

Read this first:

I don't think you'll need a jig saw if you do it soon after casting.

You might need a jackhammer if you wait too long.

Reply to
TimR

Look up Duram's Water Putty. It's not fragile.

Reply to
Bill