Where can I buy a small quantity of BRASS Carriage Bolts?

I need 14 BRASS Carriage Bolts, 1/4" diameter, 1.5 in long, with brass nuts. These are for an outdoor patio bench. Steel will rust, so I want brass (which is what the bench originally had). The local hardware stores dont carry brass bolts.
Anyone know anywhere that will sell a small amount of them? I'm sure they are costly, so I dont want to buy a whole case of them. I need 14 of each, but will probably buy 20 of them.
If I cant find brass, I'd opt for stainless steel, but they are not available locally either.
On 05/08/2016 10:49 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

amazon.com
mscdirect.com
mcmaster.com
fastenal.com

Possibly Ace Hardware.

On Mon, 09 May 2016 05:24:58 -0500, "Dean Hoffman"

I have 3 places within 3 miles of my house. Ace Hardware, Home Depot, and Lowe's all have large fastener aisles. They have zinc, stainless, and brass. Of course, the stainless and brass cost more but I am impressed by their large selection.

There are like aisles in True Value Hardware stores. Also Tractor Supply Co stores and a Rocky Mtn states chain, Murdoch's Ranch & Home Supply.
nb
On Mon, 09 May 2016 00:49:45 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Just one example... over $ 2. per bolt ! 64 cents per nut ? Huh. I hope I'm resading that wrong.
http://tinyurl.com/h4e3nkc
... and why wouldn't Fastenal's web page provide a link to the 1/4 20 brass nut that goes with this ? instead of stainless .. Duh .
http://tinyurl.com/jca6n7g
John T
On Mon, 09 May 2016 07:10:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

I called Fastenal today. The local store did not have the brass carriage bolts at their store, but could get them from another store in 3 to 4 days. But could not get 1.5 inch, but could get 2 inch. (that would work). Then they told me the price. $3.87 for EACH bolt. $0.29 for each nut. Total price for 15 of each, $62.40 PLUS SHIPPING, (or I can pick them up at the store).
I didn't even ask the shipping price, I just said that's too expensive, I'm not interested. I hung up the phone.
ACTUALLY, THAT'S FRIKKING ROBBERY !!!
I went to a nearby larger city. True Value hardware had 1.5" x 1/4" carriage bolts in Stainless Steel for $0.79 each, the nuts were 18 cents each. I really did not need 15 of them, since several of the old ones are fine. I bought what I really needed and one spare one. Total cost, about $8.
On 5/9/2016 11:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Not really. They sell very few brass carriage bolts. The time of setup for a small run, a more expensive material, and they the cost of having it sit in inventory are all factors.
No different in my line of work. Want to buy one non stock part? $500 and I'm breaking even. Want to buy five thousand of them? 50 cents each.
On 5/9/2016 11:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Brass would have been nice. I'm pleased you got your project without spending all that huge pile of money. And, thanks for the follow up. Some times I wonder if folks are doing OK.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I would suggest bronze instead of brass. Stronger, would be about the same price.

Where would a person find carriage bolts & nuts, or other fasteners, made of solid bronze ? < not bronze coloured finish > John T.
On 05/09/2016 06:16 AM, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

A marine supply if there is one in your area. They won't be cheap and if you see the word 'yacht' that will cost you even more.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Pretty much any place that specializes in fasteners. Here's one. Hex head is cheaper.
https://www.boltdepot.com/Carriage_bolts_and_Timber_bolts.aspx?nv=l

Thanks - .. so "silicon bronze" will normally refer to solid material <?> as opposed to "bronze finish" or somesuch wording which commonly refers to the colour of the coating. John T.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Right. "Bronze finish" means (afaik) electroplated. Just like "galvanized" has come to mean electroplated with zinc which isn't even CLOSE to galvanizing by dipping in molten zinc.
BTW, there are numerous bronzes - just as there are numerous stainless steels - but the only ones we are likely to encounter are silicon bronze and manganese bronze.

metric, as well as brass in metric Call SpaeNaur Fasteners at 1-800-265-8772
stainless n1/4X1 1/2 is part # 014-804 Unit package is 100 but I've never had a problem buying even in onzies-twozies. Brass metric m6x40mm(1.57 inch) is 015-502
They will ship out of Kitchener Ontario.
On 05/08/2016 10:49 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

What sort of backwoods community do you live in? Brass would be a stretch but Ace and a couple of other stores in town have a range of stainless fasteners.
On 5/9/16 12:49 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#carriage-and-plow-bolts /c4yno pkg of 10 $ 10.29 bronze 1/4-20
http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screw-nuts /c4zq6 pkg of 25 $8.36 bronze square 1/4-20
they have SS also if you prefer
On Monday, May 9, 2016 at 1:50:08 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

You could probably shorten some bronze toilet base bolts for that. The head is sort of like a carriage bolt. Lowes and Home Depot should have stainless steel and galvanized choices, both of which are probably suitable for your project.
On Tue, 10 May 2016 07:57:19 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

here. (and most often 5/16"?) as well as having ugly oval heads.