What is wrong with Store Clerks?

Page 3 of 3
On Mon, 6 Apr 2015 18:06:23 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Cheney was a bagboy at the Piggly-Wiggly for 17 years, until he was 27 years old. He used to get into fights with other bagboys and occasionally with customers. He was finally banned from the whole chain.
micky wrote: "- show quoted text - Cheney was a bagboy at the Piggly-Wiggly for 17 years, until he was 27 years old. He used to get into fights with other bagboys and occasionally with customers. He was finally banned from the whole chain. "
LMAO!! LOLOL! Priceless, Mick!

That's a blast.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 04/06/2015 05:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Forget the plastic bag issue.
Have you considered what the junk food you bought is doing to your metabolic health?
| > 1 box of crackers | > 2 candy bars | > 1 one liter bottle of soda | > 1 pack of cold cuts | > 2 average cans of canned soup | > 1 package of beef jerky | > 1 small plastic jar of peanut butter | | Forget the plastic bag issue. | | Have you considered what the junk food you bought is doing to your metabolic health?
:) I was thinking the same thing. I wonder how long he'll be around to complain. Most people eat some junk food, but he seems to be doing his grocery shopping at a dollar store, buying only low-end factory food. I wouldn't consider any of those items edible in most cases. Certainly not the brands one can find in a dollar store.
It also made me think of something else: "*small* jar of peanut butter"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2015/02/07/how-big-food-brands-are-boosting-profits-by-targeting-the-poor/
It's an article about how discount stores may often be more expensive because they're selling small containers at relatively high prices.
On 04/07/2015 09:31 AM, Mayayana wrote:

Exactly! If he doesn't change his diet, he'll soon be complaining about the cost of the pharmaceuticals to treat his blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol, etc.
On 4/7/2015 4:22 AM, Buck wrote:

I shop the dollar store for certain items but would never buy something that needs to be ingested. Beef jerky, for example, may be dog jerky.
Per Frank:

+1... and that goes triple for anything from mainland China.
--
Pete Cresswell

On 4/7/2015 1:54 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

Lot of good stuff comes from China but even some of their manufacturers do no know exactly what goes into their products. I was trying to do some work for one several years ago and needed to know the composition of his dyestuffs. After about 20 emails of not getting information I told him to take his work elsewhere.
On Tuesday, April 7, 2015 at 2:21:11 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

my GF has twice bought $99.00 q tips from dollar stores.
both times the cotton swab came off and got stuuck in my ear.....
99 bucks at the docs for removal....
On 4/7/2015 12:38 PM, Frank wrote:

Nah, they carry cat.
They do have some hard to find candy bars that I seek out once or twice a year. If you watch, they do have some good buys. They have Amazing Cleaner, a really good buy for a top notch product.
On Mon, 06 Apr 2015 16:41:10 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

I don't think you should have done that in front of the clerk. For one thing you hold up the line. And the clerk's job is unsatisfying and low paid enough that he doesn't need the implied insult. Complain to the management instead, as you did.

I'm not surprised to hear that these are the rules, since the supermarkets do the same thing.
They all changed at roughly the same time. They used to pack the bags so that they weighed about the same. Now they will put two 48-ounce bottles of something in the same bag, while putting paper napkins in another bag.
Other than separating frozen food from hot food, or maybe keeping froen food with milk and other cold food, I wish they would go back to the old rules. I wish they woudlnt' use a separate bag for the newspaper, and sometimes I say that, but I don't like to interrupt their routine, even in a way that might seem to be making their life easier (like putting two things in one bag), when changing their routine almost surely makes their life harder. It's one more thing they have to do.
For a while I was saving the plastic bags and bringing them back to the container they provide, but I've switched to recylcling paper. And recently I added all those illegal plastic advertising signs I take down, when I learned they're recyclable. And I'm considering adding plastic bottles, though I use very few of those not counting milk Actually recycling is a big pain in the neck, even when it's curbside, but it's gotten hard for me to through the newsppare in with the garbage.

Why 3 trips? The one big advantage of plastic bags is that once you your hand in the handles of a bunch of them, you can carry 5 or 10 at once, as long as the total weight is not more than two arms can carry.
On 4/6/2015 4:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Contradiction, dude. First you tell us you can carry all of your crap in both hands, then you complain that once it's put into back, you can't.
Your problem is that you've succumbed to Grumpy Old Man disease, probably aggravated by your lousy diet (seriously: candy bars, pop, and jerky?)
The man you were in your twenties would be horrified to see himself bitching about something as inconsequential as store clerks and grocery bags in his old age.
Have some pride, man.
On 4/6/2015 5:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com posted for all of us...

She was doing her job properly. Did you ever have a clerk put anti- perspirant in with food? Gag. My wife reuses them for trash or papers. I also take an excess to the gun dealer because he reuses them. Don't you like the ones that say "Thank you" on the sides three times?
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*