What is wrong with Store Clerks?

I have dozen or so reusable cloth bags in my car always. There is not much to buy at dollar store any how.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Yeah, that's what I meant. But if they're not very large, that may be a big problem. Thanks for the warning.

It would be a lot easier to judge the size in person, than holding my groceries up to the TV screen. Thanks.

I'll look for those. Thanks a third time.

Reply to
micky

Hi. Yup, another form of littering(polluting), LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Stronzo Bestiale

Nah, they carry cat.

They do have some hard to find candy bars that I seek out once or twice a year. If you watch, they do have some good buys. They have Amazing Cleaner, a really good buy for a top notch product.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sorry your local store is not well stocked.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

Exactly! If he doesn't change his diet, he'll soon be complaining about the cost of the pharmaceuticals to treat his blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol, etc.

Reply to
Buck

I'm not very good about bags, but the words "throw out" reminded me that I'm very good about food. I hear these numbers about the average home wasting 100 dollars of food a year, or more. In most years, I waste less than 5 dollars of food a year.

And I've never lost any food during a power failure, because things stay cold if you don't open the freezer much, and I eat whatever is getting too warm.

Milk lasts usually two weeks beyond its expiriation day, and even if I leave it out all night, I still have four days to drink it. If I leave it out 2 separate nights, I only have about 5 hours, but that's usually enough to drink all that's in the bottle.

Reply to
micky

Are these your recommendations...or is this listed somewhere that I could verify? Have you ever had food poisoning or gastric distress...had to go to the hospital because you wouldn't throw out spoiled food stuffs?

Reply to
bob_villa

snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com posted for all of us...

She was doing her job properly. Did you ever have a clerk put anti- perspirant in with food? Gag. My wife reuses them for trash or papers. I also take an excess to the gun dealer because he reuses them. Don't you like the ones that say "Thank you" on the sides three times?

Reply to
Tekkie®

States can decide what the expiration date is. I recently saw a listing and it can vary as much as a week from the date the bottle is filled. I've had some dairy products a month after the expiration with no problem. I'm talking about yogurt and sour cream as well as heavy cream made into something.

I've had canned soup a year after the date on the can. There is a lot of information available about food dating. It does not suddenlyh go bad at midnight ont he date stamped on the package.

But according to the new analysis, words like "use by" and "sell by" are used so inconsistently that they contribute to widespread misinterpretation ? and waste ? by consumers. More than 90% of Americans throw out food prematurely, and 40% of the U.S. food supply is tossed--unused--every year because of food dating.

Eggs, for example, can be consumed three to five weeks after purchase, even though the "use by" date is much earlier. A box of mac-and-cheese stamped with a "use by" date of March 2013 can still be enjoyed on March

2014, most likely with no noticeable changes in quality.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I LIKE the plastic grocery bags. rather than take them back to the store for recycling. I take them for reuse!

this store takes in stuff for free and resells it cheap, like goodwill does. they have a sign we need bags. so occasionally i take them a 30 gallon trash bag of grocery bags.

Reply to
bob haller

I do get plastic bags, just not dozens and dozens and dozens. I use them when I clean the litter box.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

While I agree that this sort of hissy fit is a worse problem in society than plastic bags, I want to inquire: why not motor oil on your food? I have eaten many a meal with motor oil/brake fluid/gasoline/etc. soaked hands and never had a problem.

Reply to
Adam Kubias

That's fine for you (or me) but no good for the civilians.

Reply to
Dan Espen