What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

I'm so far out of my league... I did know a woman who worked for a fashion house that specialized in stripper costumes. One of their hottest sellers was a pubic hair wig for the performers in Boston's Combat Zone. Is that anything like a tutu?

Reply to
rbowman

hahaha! Here's one photo of a ballerina in her tutu:

The tutu is the skirt like garment that is made of stiff netting that sticks out.

For a plateau, picture a flat decorated layer that rests on top of the netting similar to this:

This is what I did - made the decorated plateau of a principle ballerina's costume. Swan Lake was one of the ballets I did that for.

Reply to
Muggles

edit*: "Here's one photo of a ballerina tutu:"

I swapped photos and forgot to edit ^ this text.

Reply to
Muggles

I keep a firm grip on the handles. I recently got one of those strapless heart rate monitors that are a wristwatch where you put two fingers on the sensors. My first attempt to focus on my wrist on a treadmill came close to launching me off the back end.

I saw one website that claimed there was a correlation between several physical tests and expected longevity. One was balancing on one foot with your eyes closed. I'll be lucky to wake up tomorrow morning.

Another was the ability to go from a standing position to seated on the floor and then to rise again without using your hands. I could get down more or less gracefully but getting up was a no go. However I can't remember a time in my life when I could do so. The woman demonstrating it had her legs crossed and sort of scissored her way up but I expect she doubles as a yoga instructor. Or was sufficiently endowed that she could lean forward and get her center of gravity over her feet.

Reply to
rbowman

Nope. My skills end with sewing buttons on with carpet thread. I do try to match things so I have two spools, one white and one black. I suppose the invisible thread needles also have invisible eyes?

Reply to
rbowman

haha I like how you put that "launching off the back end".

I've heard that one reason why women can do some balance things better than men is because a woman's center of gravity is lower in her hips, but a mans is higher in his chest, which makes it more difficult for men to balance.

Reply to
Muggles

When I worked with invisible thread I thought I was going to go blind!

Reply to
Muggles

Ah Swan Lake. That I know about :)

The Garden City Ballet has been doing Nutcracker for the last thirty years of so. I've always managed to miss it. afaik, it's the only one they've ever done although I think they do outreach in the schools.

Reply to
rbowman

I took a pass at bead work at one time. My conclusion was Indian women had a lot of time on their hands and excellent eye sight. The experiment lasted about as long as when my mother tried petit point.

Reply to
rbowman

When I worked at the ballet, I think I worked on about 5 or 6 different ballets before I left there. I do remember Swan Lake, and I also worked on costumes for the Nutcracker at least twice.

Reply to
Muggles

For a time I really loved doing that sort of work, but a few years of doing it kind of got to my upper back and I had to quit because of the pain it caused.

Reply to
Muggles

How do you get out of biology? That wasn't an optional course when I attended school. Chem1 wasn't optional, either...

Reply to
Diesel