What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

If you ask that question, refresh time for biology/chemistry class.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I just don't look(or just ignore) if I don't like some thing. I am not a neighborhood morale judge. Some people sure like to expose selves, maybe that is form of disease. I have one private habit. I always sleep naked. Best way to sleep well for me.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

So you would equally like/dislike a person in scanty swimwear the same as in equally scanty UNDERwear? That's the issue I don't understand -- what's the difference?

I tend to sleep fully clothed -- simply because I "collapse" when I'm too tired to stay awake! Bed, living room floor, office chair, etc. Worry about getting undressed and cleaned up when I "regain consciousness" :<

Reply to
Don Y

I'm also afraid of hardware store drones. One time I was looking through the aisle, the drone tried to stay one step ahead of me, and read all the shelf tags out loud. Really destroyed my ability to think. I tried to, politely, ask him to go else where.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I never took either class. I chose different science classes in high school.

Reply to
Muggles

If you look like Scott Foley, answer the door in your skivvies and the mail lady will prolly enjoy your package.

OTOH, if you look more like Humpty Dumpty, put some pants on before you open the door.

Reply to
Muhammad Dihyah

I thought it was because I was doing it wrong. What it reminded me of the most is Nordic skiing. Except I didn't fall down in snow drifts as often.

Reply to
rbowman

Is that the same as lycra? As in what your well undressed nerd on a $2500 road bike wears?

Worked great for the Columbian team.

Reply to
rbowman

Or shot at dawn. It all depends.

Reply to
rbowman

Okay, google just let me down. What's 'plateau embroidery'? My grandmother did something that involved hoops and about 1000 little skeins of yarn, thread, or whatever it's called.

One of my aunts was a seamstress for a while and tended to have a mouthful of straight pins rather than using a pin cushion. She looked up one day and one of the ankle biters was emulating her. I don't think she breathed until the kid was disarmed.

Reply to
rbowman

I did enjoy using the treadmill at the gym more than the elliptical. I never had the balance to run on a treadmill, though.

Reply to
Muggles

It could be. There are lots of different versions of spandex.

Reply to
Muggles

When the principle ballerina wears a tutu it can be decorated by a top flat portion that's attached to the top of the tutu. Part of what I did was take the ballet designers pattern and create the tutu plateau which could include intricate sewing patterns (sometimes zig-zagged) using invisible thread and then cut outs in the pattern, and then glittery jewels and beads were sew on to decorate the plateau.

LOL I always used a pin cushion, and supplemented with a wand magnet.

Reply to
Muggles

The special processing of it was as a result of simple research. Subject was given orally tumeric powder in a capsule. And every 2 hours draw the blood, tested the sign of tumeric active ingredient. Hardly any sign of absorption by digestive tract. Then they broke down the powder

40X smaller, repeat the test. Then they could see tumeric in the blood. The process is devised by Japanese doctors.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

Allergy is related to immune function, adrenal gland. Just simply to say, not a good thing. When daughter was taking micro biology with immunology specialty B4 medical school I shared his text books and learned thing or two how immune system works. Probably most allergy medicine is steroid or anti-histamine family. First you have to understand what they do to your body. I even came across a person whose adrenal gland was completely worn out. Some cases genetics play too. First thing to avoid is allergy sensitive people should avoid eating nuts, SPECIALLY peanuts. It'll lower L-lysine in the body and will make things worse. My idea is draw from both sides, herbal medicine has more than 5000 years history. What is your allergen? Did you have done comprehensive allergy test? Where you live could be not a good place for your allergy.

My god father had serious bronchitis and always in bad shape due to difficulty breathing. Doc suggested he move to Arizona, dry and warm place. His symptom got much worse living there couple years, air borne desert pollen was the cause. He had to move back. Here in Calgary there are more than 100 health food stores. Some are just franchise business like 7-11 store. Only handful of them are worthy place to visit run by independent owner with good credentials(they know what they are doing). This industry is quite strongly regulated in Canada vs. in U.S. any thing goes to the level of danger to human health. Products being sold here ust have NPN(natural product no.) issued by federal govt. after testing each and every product applied for NPN. Application fee is not a paltry sum, fly by night crooks can't go thru this process. Read about you Drug administration's new drug approving committee members. They all own big shares of drug companies.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

My scratch test was done on my back. Practically the entire surface was inflamed (welts) afterwards. IIRC, there were 6 out of 48 (or 60??) allergens to which I did NOT have significant reactions. And, these were kind of amusing (horse & cat -- but not dog; most molds -- but not penicillium; NOT dust/mites; all grasses; NOT ragweed; etc.).

And, of course, many of the local offenders weren't even included in the panel (though I know I have strong reactions to them -- most folks do!)

I'd had bad allergies as a child (entirely different part of the country) so this wasn't a big surprise...

Exactly. Plus, a fair bit of dirt in the air (think: Haboobs). There is ALWAYS something in bloom, here. My MD has a pollen chart on the wall in his office -- which plants produce at which times of year. It's just one series of peaks after another: this peaks now, that peaks next month, something else peaks the month after, etc.

Certain seasons the ground, cars, etc. will be covered in yellow pollen.

Reply to
Don Y

Per Muggles:

Yes... thanks ! .... that was really bothering me... didn't know if I was losing my mind or what...

Reply to
(PeteCresswell)

Per rbowman:

Why cyclists wear black:

(PeteCresswell)

naaa ... try sewing silk with invisible thread. haha!

Reply to
Muggles

Wise choice. If nothing else the red ones look a bit uncomfortable. There has been some discussion whether extended bicycling can cause erectile dysfunction; shrink wrapping your Eier can't help.

Reply to
rbowman