What are those wood / marker / pens called?

I scratched my wife's desk which is the color of cherry wood. Can anyone tell me the names of those "markers" or "pens" that are used to fill in the scratches, and are the same color as the wood? Also, where can I get these?
-Thanks
Not sure what they are called. Wax pencils?
You can buy them at any hardware store. They are usually located by the stains in the paint department. Minwax is one popular brand.
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 11:53:06 -0700, noname87 wrote:

Thanks. I know at minimum that Home Depot or Lowes does not sell them. I'll try some other hardware stores, like Ace.
-Thanks

Since it is so difficult to match existing finishes, sanding out and refinishing the entire piece is the recommend choice if the item is not an antique. You can also take it to a refinisher to do the job. Perhaps a product like Briwax will clean and hide the scratch but it won't "fill" a gouge.
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 15:08:26 -0400, Phisherman wrote:

This is more of a gouge, but I don't want to go to that length. I'll try the marker first...
-Thanks

Unless you live in the sticks, try the grocery store and look in the aisle with furniture polish.

scratch fill sticks? or crayons.
Home Improvement stores,woodworking supply stores would have them. Perhaps even Wal-Mart.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 22:05:49 +0000, Jim Yanik wrote:

I can tell you that Home Depot and Lowes does NOT have them. I was hoping to find a store that offered numerous color choices.
-Thanks
somebody wrote:

Hmm. My HD does have them; they're made by Minwax. They come in several colors.
Here's a selection: http://www.acehardware.com/sm-minwax-and-reg-blend-fil-and-reg-pencil--pi-1274414.html
somebody wrote:

A real paint store, like where painters go, or a hardwood flooring dealer, should be able to help you out. I know Bruce used to have crayons in all their standard finishes.
Another option- I've had real good luck with minwax gel stain, making old scratched wood furniture presentable. Just a dab on a paper towel, and wipe over the scratch. Unless it is a big gouge, it just vanishes.
-- aem sends...
They are by Minwax, and can be found here:
http://minwax.com/products/wood_maintenance_and_repair/blend_fil_pencil.cfm
On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:32:23 -0400, somebody wrote:

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 14:32:23 -0400, somebody wrote:

As a kid, I knocked something off a shelf and it dinged the piano. I took some walnut meat and rubbed it it the damaged area and concealed what I had done. To this day, no one know.

Franz Fripplfrappl
On Sun 08 Jun 2008 07:05:55p, franz fripplfrappl told us...

You were a wicked bad child! :-) But the walnut thing works.
--
Wayne Boatwright
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 02:09:46 +0000, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

I'm paying for my wickedness now that I'm an adult. Tried to get hired in government but apparently wasn't wicked enough.

Franz Fripplfrappl
On Sun 08 Jun 2008 07:40:27p, franz fripplfrappl told us...

LOL!
--
Wayne Boatwright
franz fripplfrappl wrote:

They obviously knew about your nut thing.