permanant marker on siding

SunflowerDoes anyone know how to clean permanant marker off house siding as my little one has gone down the house with this marker and I can't get it off! Thank you

Reply to
Christine

Does anyone know how to clean permanant marker off house siding as my little one has gone down the house with this marker and I can't get it off! Thank you

How to Clean Marking Ink Stains To purchase Motsenbocker's Lift Off #3, click here.

NEW Method!

Motsenbocker's Lift Off #3 is a new biodegradable and water based product and is designed to remove most inks, including: indelible ink, permanent markers, fountain tip pens, surgical markers, roller ball pens and ball point pens. It can also be used to remove stains caused by nail polish, blood and hair color. The product can be used on carpets, fabrics, wall covering, metal, formica, clothes, vinyl, plastic, countertops, tools, tile and upholstery. It works better than existing products; it works in the same reactionary time; it is safe on all surfaces; it costs the same or less than other products and it is safe for the user.

Old Method

1.. Sponge with a small amount of dry cleaning solvent 2.. Blot 3.. Mix one teaspoon of a mild pH balanced detergent (a mild non alkaline non bleaching detergent) with a cup of lukewarm water 4.. Blot 5.. Dab with Rubbing Isopropyl Alcohol 6.. Blot 7.. Sponge with clean water 8.. Blot Note: Always test an inconspicuous area for colorfastness, etc. before treating the exposed area. Also note that certain stains are permanent.

For more cleaning and stain removal tips and hints, please visit our cleaning community forum where experts are ready to help answer your questions.

This article has been contributed in part by Michigan State University Extension

surf to hints and tips pages.

Reply to
Anorack Ted of Littlehampton

replying to Anorack Ted of Littlehampton, Iggy wrote: Isopropyl Alcohol removes permanent marker from most things with some light rubbing or scrubbing. Apply to a paper towel from a larger bottle or even use first aid kit type alcohol swabs. It does not harm nor dull the surface and just removes the marker. Very old marks can also be lightened dramatically, but sanding with steel wool or sandpaper will be needed to remove the old marks entirely.

Reply to
Iggy

To remove permanent marker from vinyl floor. You can use acetone, Many individuals have claimed success with nail polish remover in removing permanent markers from vinyl and other surfaces. Let me caution you that acetone-based treatments evaporate fast, so you may need to use more of them to remove larger stains.

Reply to
noahenholm