I must have accidentally washed some jeans that had gum in its pockets,
as I found a sticky gum-like substance smeared all over the inside of
my dryer. What would the best product be to remove the sticky gum
residue? Help! Thanks in advance for answers! Cindy :)
What a mess! First unplug the dryer and get a trouble light and a
fan. Apply an ice cube to the gum and scrap off what you can using a
putty knife. Next you'll be using a petroleum-based product. I
suggest Goof Off!. Dampen a terry cloth rag (an old wash cloth will
do) with the product and rub the area clean. Be extra careful not to
spill any product inside the dryer. Use the fan to move the air so
you don't get asphyxiated. After you're done, move the fan to the
opening of the dryer and run the fan for an hour. Leave the dryer
door open for 24 hours, then run the dryer on a no-heat setting for 10
minutes. You don't want to risk an explosion!
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.