Blood on wood floor

I have a wood floor that is quite worn, so most of the finish is gone. Two of my dogs had a serious fight while I was at work, and the floor was covered with blood. I mopped it up with hot water and "Clorox Clean Up," which contains bleach. Most of the blood came up but now I see that I have many small (1"-3") spots all over the floor where the blood was. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get those spots up?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, the injured dog will be fine. Thank God.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Phisherman

try peroxide from a drug store first. i used that on my shirts when i was a police officer a nurse told me that.

Reply to
jdk

Hi All

Wood is cellulose and cellulose likes alkaline conditions, so the ammonia is probably safe. Test an unseen area first and add some hydrogen peroxide to the ammonia as it will help in it's removal.

We have a step-by-step guide getting blood from a T-Shirt on

which is also cellulosic.

Hope this helps

DrClean

The best fabrioc cleaning resource on the net.

Reply to
Wayne

your name is really "wayne"???!!!!

bugger me. even under interrogation i'd have sworn your birth certificate says "dr clean". kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

My mistake - changed computers and left my name in the "Name" box.

What's the world comint to when even us Doctors aren't infallable?

Reply to
DrClean

edited below

tut tut kylie. this IS a family group remember.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

i remember! and everyone in my family says "bugger". (often when they are cleaning!) should we be washing out our mouths with soap? :-) kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

I live 300 yards from Hollow. It was the town's favorite recreational attraction, so they built a park there. To make way for the park they razed a cabin that had stood there since colonial times. First an archaeologist came and sifted through the soil. By the artifacts he found, he could tell us exactly how the people of hollow had lived.

Reply to
Sawney Beane

i take it you mean hollow itself, not the act of y in said location (i also trust mrs bonk is not reading this lest she have an attack of the vapours ;-)

so they built a park there. To make

!!!! !!!

First an archaeologist came and sifted through the soil. By the

not to cause anyone to faint, but kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

Dear, Dear, Dear. I thought better of you than to encourage Mr Beane with his dafty tales. It really is an uphill struggle trying to get you two to make any sense.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

you did?! what were you thinking?

that's because you are a Lady, and you like Ladies' Things, such as kittens, clean pressed doilies, and Upright Military Gentlemen. many things discussed here are really quite beneath you, i am sorry to say - there seems to be endless conversation about FILTH, quite frankly!! kylie

Reply to
0tterbot