furniture polish with wood stain in it?

Somewhere on TV, maybe DIY or HGTV, someone mentioned using a furniture polish (maybe even a spray-on) with stain in it for those little scratches on furniture. We just moved and could sure use something like that but I can't find it in the supermarket. Where would I look for it? What's it called?

TIA.

Reply to
maximovies

There is a product called Briwax which cleans, stains, and polishes. It contains beeswax and a few solvents. It is sold in a round tin for about $15 and comes in 6 colors, including clear. You should find it at a woodworking shop, less likely at a well-equipped hardware store. I know Woodcraft carries it. I don't watch HGTV, although the studios are a few minutes from my home.

Reply to
Phisherman

another product I've used is OLD ENGLISH Polish....it comes in red color and also a dark brown which covers minor scratches. THe Briwax is an awesome products.

Reply to
Muvin Gruvin

Old English, and Howard's Restore-a-Finish come to mind. Old English can be had in the supermarket, Howard's at hardware stores.

Jessica

Reply to
Jessica V.

Thanks, everybody!

Reply to
maximovies

Does Howard's have more of the staining factor that Old English? I have Old English, but I'd really like to try a product that really covers the scratches without having to totally restain.

Any advice on that?

Donna

Reply to
Donna in Texas

It work's much better than Old English for covering scratches, and comes in a wider variety of tones. It won't fix a large area of total finish loss, but smaller areas it works very well on and lasts well. I've used it extensively on older oak furniture, that in the past I would have refinished and have been pleased with the results. A pint of Howard's is less than $10 at a neighborhood hardware store, it's at least worth a try before going to the trouble or expense of refinishing. IME, Howard's doesn't interfere with subsequent refinishing efforts.

Jessica

Reply to
Jessica V.

I have Old English in a yellow color, a red, and a very dark brown. Since it's an oily liquid, you can't beat it for ease of use. Just put a little on a small rag and wipe it across the scratch. Usually it is hidden.

Reply to
Diana Satyr