wall covering cheaper than sheetrock?

I want to insulate my shed to set up some racks to start seedlings and get a jump on the spring. I've had 2 large electric heaters in there all weekend so I could clean it out and set it up in this 0 - 20 degree weather, and the heat just escapes as the shed is free-standing, uninsulated, and I never considered heating it when it was built.
I's built standard 2 x 4 framing and exterior is T-111. Shed is on a 4-6" concrete slab.No provisions were made during construction like vapor barrier, housewrap etc... Theres a roof of 2x6 and 30# felt and asphalt shingles.
I'd like to install fiberglass batts but what to cover them with? I figure with all the tools, lawn equipment, a motorcycle, etc in there sheetrock would work but might get banged up. Pegboard might work but it's 10.00 + per 4 x 8 sheet, 2 times the price of sheetrock.
Anyone been here before? TIA for your input.

If it were me, I'd just put in the fiberglass batts and then cover with Tyvek or cheap plastic film for a vapor barrier. Since its a shed pretty isn't a factor, and the vapor barrier will help hold in the humidity for the plants.
If you need a solid surface on a portion of the wall buy a sheet of cheap paneling.
- Dewolla Stepon
On 12 Jan 2004 12:42:44 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (HA HA Budys Here) wrote (with possible editing):

If it were me, I'd insulate with fiberglass, then cover with sheetrock. If I were going to hang shovels, etc., I'd put up a horizontal board, probably strapping, with a second board at the level of the bottom of the shovels to keep them off the sheetrock. Then paint.
Don't forget to insulate the ceiling joists or roof rafters - you lose far more heat there than through the walls. Cover with sheetrock.
--
Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com

Or, Masonite, either 1/4" or even 1/8".