Removing wall covering

Have a wall that is shared by the living room and dining room that is covered with this grass-mat wall covering. I hate it, and it's starting to look tattered and in a couple of places it is staining from who knows what.

Any ideas on what would be the best way to remove this? Can it be removed the same way as other wall papers? I would think that the "scorers" would just tear the grass that's on the surface.

TIA

Reply to
L Beck

Soak it. Use a garden sprayer & soak it well. A little soap will help the water cling to the wall cling to the wall. The face will come off first, then soak the backing off. Save your money on the stripping solutions. Lots of water is the key & be patient.

I'm sure others will have lots of other concontions as well, but water is really the answer. Take it from a pro.

Reply to
Truitt Bottsford III

I agree although I am no pro except at removing wall coverings. A sponge will work as well, soak the area wait, then soak again. It will peal off in your hands without much effort.

Reply to
SQLit

Good info. here.

Truitt Bottsford III

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Looks like water it is.

Reply to
L Beck