Vanity Top - 1 Sink to 2 Sinks Question

Hello. I live in a 100 year old home with old plumbing. We're remodeling the bathroom. I just bought a solid surface top and a new vanity to replace the old ones. The bathroom only had 1 sink before, now I'm replacing it with a two sink vanity top.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is done with the plumbing area as far as drainage and hot/cold water connections to accomodate the change from 1-sink to 2-sink top? Thank you.

Reply to
HS

You can use the existing trap and use a "center-outlet" waste TEE to connect both basins. The parts are those used commonly on kitchen dbl bowls. To use separate traps, get a 1 1/2" Dbl WYE and connect that into the wall. With reducers, connect a 1 1/4" P-trap to each WYE inlet.

In an old house, you may find the connections in the wall to be a challenge.

Simplest way to do the H/C supply is to TEE off the existing stops (shut off valves). Better would be separate stops for each basin. Depends on what's there and how much trouble.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Correction: I should have noted that you have to replace the trap with a 1 1/2" size to do this. Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Thank you, Jim. I'll try that.

Reply to