Replacement Thermostat

Hi, I am looking to replace my old Honeywell dial-type thermostat with a modern, digital one. I currently have two separate thermostats; one that controls A/C, and one that controls heating. Will I encounter any problems combining the functions of the two old thermostats into one new one? Thanks for any help. Neal

Reply to
N_A_J

You should not have any problems..it's fairly straightforward and easy if you are at all handy.

Reply to
jtees4

That old T87F Honeywell is more accurate than a digital..but whatever floats your boat.

Reply to
CBHvac

Cheap new stuff isnt always what it is cracked up to be . There is a good reason they stilll sell the old round Honywell ,, They Work Good.......

Reply to
mark Ransley

hey , my old thermostat just went south onme. What would you recommend? heat only, steam radiators/baseboards. Thanks!

TomL

Reply to
TomL

Hard to say. I'm not there to see how it's wired.

But, as a heating and AC professional, it's very likely that the job can be done to wire them both into one. Might take a few relays installed, though.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Get another T-87. They are nearly indestructible.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

sheesh..

Or it MIGHT take just the right stat, with a RC and RH terminal, but IF you WERE a pro, (and you are not) Then you would know that...right?

Reply to
CBHvac

I would prefer to use another T87F in that case...adjustable anticipation is really nice on those steam systems.

Reply to
CBHvac