Uses for WD 40

Page 2 of 2

<stuff snipped>

He could plonk me? How could I live!? Where would I go? What would I do knowing no matter what I said about him, he would never respond. The pain, the horrible pain. NOT! (-:

Somehow, I see him interpreting that as going out and dry humping the neighbor's cats. A real "Pussy Riot."
I got on and off the plonk list just the way you did. I suppose we got "time off for good behavior."

I determined a long time ago that even though I was plonked, he was still reading what I wrote. I am not sure how being an ostrich and burying one's head in the sand makes a practical strategy, but hey, it's The Stormin' Morlim we're talking about.

Homo Guyus Canadensis has taken the nym-shift to a level I've never seen before - even during some of the worst flame wars I've experienced in other groups. I guess he does it to bypass anyone who tries to filter him but I don't get the underlying motive. I assume that he's like a few others here and this is it for him as far as interacting with other humans go. The regrettable part is that both H's occasionally have something useful to say. Occasionally.
-- Bobby G.
On 11/30/2012 06:09 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

That's one of the reasons I loathe the instructables site; I hate letting the damn thing load up another serving of advertisements to make me read a 20 page article.
Jon
On 11/30/12 8:09 AM, Dan Espen wrote:

Works on most sites.
A few days ago I saw someone use this:
http://alternativeto.net/software/deslide /
(Gets rid of annoying slide shows.)
Never owned a can of WD40...
--
Dan Espen

PB Blaster is far better stuff.
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman

And where does all this WD-40 ultimately end up? Like all the other chemical stuff we manufacture, buy, and use--it ends up in the air and water.
--
croy

On 11-30-2012 10:02, croy wrote:

And from there it goes into the fish, which can be caught and made into more WD-40.
--
Wes Groleau

A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 07:20:18 -0600, Dean Hoffman

What's WD 40?
On 11/30/2012 6:40 PM, Vic Smith wrote:

A magical potion delivered to we lowly humans by the gods. ^_^
TDD
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 18:44:36 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Okay, I looked it up. Seems it works for removing duct tape. Now I have to go look up duct tape.

Now we know you're joking.
A roll of that wire they use to tie re-bar is actually better than WD40 or duct tape.
--
Dan Espen

Too exotic for me. Coat hangers work fine.

I can see that you have yet the experience the nirvana of tightly wrapped wire.
--
Dan Espen

I have a vague memory of fixing something with tightly wrapped wire, covered by epoxy, then maybe adding duct tape. It's good to forget some things.

I have some dried Gorilla Tape glue on my truck that was holding on some cardboard over the hole where the window used to be. Don't ask.
Anyone know if WD will take that off?
Don't want to screw up paint if someone already knows.
Steve
On 12/2/2012 3:02 PM, Steve B wrote:

I'd try goop off or goo gone. I don't know about wd-40. I doubt it would hurt though. WD-40 has a pretty good FAQ on their site.
http://www.wd40.com/uses-tips /
Some say it removes glue (and paint). :)
I'm guessing, yes. Should be fine. That, or kerosene and a bit of towels.
The other day, I used WD, sprayed into the door. The latch mechanism for my Blazer door was getting sluggish, and it was hard to open with a key.
I have some dried Gorilla Tape glue on my truck that was holding on some cardboard over the hole where the window used to be. Don't ask.
Anyone know if WD will take that off?
Don't want to screw up paint if someone already knows.
Steve

WD-40 has some paint thinner in it.
It does not work well anymore creating blow torches killing tent caterpillars. The propellant is now non flammable.
Greg