Uses for WD 40

Now we know you're joking.

A roll of that wire they use to tie re-bar is actually better than WD40 or duct tape.

Reply to
Dan Espen

Too exotic for me. Coat hangers work fine.

Reply to
Vic Smith

I can see that you have yet the experience the nirvana of tightly wrapped wire.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I have a vague memory of fixing something with tightly wrapped wire, covered by epoxy, then maybe adding duct tape. It's good to forget some things.

Reply to
Vic Smith

I only Hate Mormons!

Reply to
123

And from there it goes into the fish, which can be caught and made into more WD-40.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

What do you expect from a brainwashed cult member. None of them have more than two brain cells. The best solution is to kill-file the moron. The idiot posts about 200 times a day anyhow, and none of what he says is worth reading. Mormons are just morons with an added "m".

Reply to
123

PB Blaster is far better stuff.

Reply to
123

I'm sure the regular Mormon community (if there is one) would prefer he didn't advertise his religion.

Reply to
gonjah

I doubt that. And it doesn't matter to me at all. What does matter is that he continues with the top posting even though he has been politely reminded dozens of times. So he is intentionally conveying a bad image of Mormons.

Reply to
George

They don't need much help from him. (-:

And so a stubborn Mormon who refused to deal fairly for a cow *he* let stray started the famous Sioux Indian War that cost the lives of thousands of Indians, soldiers and settlers. It seems stubborness and a refusal to care about what's best for the common good seem to be time-honored Mormon traits. It's a good thing Stormie doesn't have a cow, dude.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

"differently

I was struggling to remember that name. All I came up with was Eldritch Cleaver who would have made "Leave It To Beaver" a *very* different show. Now that I see Hugh's name I remembered it was Ward Cleaver. Stormie's more like Eddy Haskell, the guy you loved to hate or Lumpy.

In reality it's two things. Pathetic loneliness is one. No one with reasonable social engagements with real human beings could afford to spend the amount of time he does, answering every post with a comment, even if it's totally irrelevant and inaccurate. That's a sure sign that the real world for him is a very empty place and that's why I said you might be going a little hard on the Beaver. (-:

This is it for him. It's apparent from what he posts that he wants to BE the conversation. I believe that's because he's increasingly isolated, intensely paranoid (Birtherism) and "fighting way above his weight" when it comes to complex topics like politics, economics and Constitutional law. In Should anyone follow the recommendations of someone who's done so poorly for himself that as an adult male, he can't scrape together $20 to send a monetary contribution to the victims of Sandy? I look for a higher level of success in my financial advisors.

He does seem to be the only poster here to top post and to push his religion on people. Which, in turn, makes him vulnerable to being called socially maladroit and a "God botherer." The only sure weapon against bad ideas is better ideas."-Alfred Whitney Griswold, Essays on Education.

I've been finding out some interesting stuff about Mormons. They certainly have a colorful and more than slightly murderous history. That reminds me of another similarity between Muslims and Mormons. This Mormon is a terrorist bomber:

Mark William Hofmann (born December 7, 1954) is an American counterfeiter, forger and convicted murderer. Hofmann was reared in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) by two devoutly religious parents. Hofmann was a below-average high school student . . . he constructed bombs to murder two people in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is serving a life sentence at the Utah State Prison in Draper since 1988.

Stormie must have been a below average student, too, based on some of the more outrageous stuff he's written here.

Switch to a round bed. (-:

It's understandable. For some odd reason Stormie thinks that every thought he has during one of his apparently mostly work-free days is of interest to every reader of AHR. Sadly that indicates a strongly egocentric trait that could indicate a borderline personality disorder. Plus, it's a lot of absolute codswallop to have to swim through every day.

Top posted "Burma Shave" messages that make no sense because of their misordering make a perfect example of why he gets so many people peeved. He yaks on and on about liberals forcing things on other people when it's clear he's the one forcing himself on disinterested people in AHR almost every day of the year. "A man will accuse others of what he is most guilty of himself."

It's ironic that the people who are apparently the least successful in life feel the most qualified to tell everyone else how to live theirs.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I have some dried Gorilla Tape glue on my truck that was holding on some cardboard over the hole where the window used to be. Don't ask.

Anyone know if WD will take that off?

Don't want to screw up paint if someone already knows.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Is it possible that we could blame this disaster on the fact that the Lieutenant had a military mentality? Or that he was just plain insane?

I think Mormon doctrines are bogus, but saying that the actions of of one lunatic illustrates all Mormons is not very reasonable.

Reply to
Wes Groleau

I'd try goop off or goo gone. I don't know about wd-40. I doubt it would hurt though. WD-40 has a pretty good FAQ on their site.

Some say it removes glue (and paint). :)

Reply to
gonjah

I'm guessing, yes. Should be fine. That, or kerosene and a bit of towels.

The other day, I used WD, sprayed into the door. The latch mechanism for my Blazer door was getting sluggish, and it was hard to open with a key.

.

I have some dried Gorilla Tape glue on my truck that was holding on some cardboard over the hole where the window used to be. Don't ask.

Anyone know if WD will take that off?

Don't want to screw up paint if someone already knows.

Steve

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

WD-40 has some paint thinner in it.

It does not work well anymore creating blow torches killing tent caterpillars. The propellant is now non flammable.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

He could plonk me? How could I live!? Where would I go? What would I do knowing no matter what I said about him, he would never respond. The pain, the horrible pain. NOT! (-:

Somehow, I see him interpreting that as going out and dry humping the neighbor's cats. A real "Pussy Riot."

I got on and off the plonk list just the way you did. I suppose we got "time off for good behavior."

I determined a long time ago that even though I was plonked, he was still reading what I wrote. I am not sure how being an ostrich and burying one's head in the sand makes a practical strategy, but hey, it's The Stormin' Morlim we're talking about.

Homo Guyus Canadensis has taken the nym-shift to a level I've never seen before - even during some of the worst flame wars I've experienced in other groups. I guess he does it to bypass anyone who tries to filter him but I don't get the underlying motive. I assume that he's like a few others here and this is it for him as far as interacting with other humans go. The regrettable part is that both H's occasionally have something useful to say. Occasionally.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green