WD-40 for everything?

I just saw a Readers Digest article recommending WD-40 for FIFTY (50) uses.

I only got to 30 before I had to go to something else.

Nothing against WED 40, but does this sound reasonable?

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

print version easier to follow.

Some are not too bad, like removing crayon or grease. The one about the squirrel on the feeder is questionable. Worth trying, I guess.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I spray WD-40 on the walls inside my cyclotron, and it makes the Higgs Bosons fly faster.

Reply to
micky

ded commercial, so thanks for not shooting me

NOW: Between WD40 and 3-in-1 oil:

Sometimes I forget and leave garden tools out overnight, or maybe longer. T o get them back in shape, I immerse in vinegar (weak acid), then wipe off a nd apply oil. It works OK; just curious if using WD 40 would work as well as vinegar. Will do experiment next time I goof and leave tools out, but co uld i get your input?

TIA

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

or maybe longer. To get them back in shape, I immerse in vinegar (weak acid), then wipe off and apply oil. It works OK; just curious if using WD 40 would work as well as vinegar. Will do experiment next time I goof and leave tools out, but could i get your input?

Since WD is a water displacer product, you may wish to spray your tools BEFORE you leave them out. Spray em all today, and get it over with.

Repeat about every six months.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Remember, 186,300 miles per second isn't just a good idea. It's the law.

Cops will see your Higgs Boson before you see them.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

(somewhat easier to read)

(print form link provided, somewhat easier for me to read)

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It seems its best property is killing insects...I would have to agree. It used to be excellent for starting a small engine...and then they removed the propane!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

I would have to agree. It used to be excellent for starting a small engine...and then they removed the propane!

I've not tried the new stuff on engine starts. Bummer, though. Still good for removing stickers from car windows. I've done that.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

When I was a kid, I ran a lawnmower on Liquid Wrench. It got me out of a sticky situation. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I've heard of painters using mineral spirits in the truck gas tank, if they were low on fuel and out of money.

. Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Weeelll. actually, there IS scientific work going forward re: age of the universe, whether it's expanding faster than the laws of physics would allow. Be interesting if in our lifetimes there was evidence that the speed of light is NOT an absolute. Wow, would that ever kick the Standard Model's ***!

HB

Hah! I read that there's a new film coming out called "Gravity" where two space-suited astronauts get accidentally untethered and make their way to safety. Lotsa luck!

HB

[...]
Reply to
Higgs Boson

And again, congratulations!

The speed usually given is the speed in a vacuum. It's different in say, water or glass or anything else with an index of refraction that's not 1. That's why prisms make rainbows.

Reply to
micky