trash can?

OK, this is a little OT, but I am not certain where else to post this...

where can one find a simple, stainless steel kitchen trash container with a foot pedal that you step on to open the lid that is worth a crap? Latest version is "simplehuman" which wasn't cheap - I think it is this one

lasted six months before plastic lid broke, now you have to open it with your hand which is not convenient.

Previous, less expensive iterations lasted less time. This is a house with two adults living in it, neither one of which has enough time to abuse a trash can, even if we were bored enough to do so (trimming all the foliage in the yard provides ample opportunity to work out aggressions.)

any suggestions?

nate

(whose old steel trash can in the garage, which is actually very old oily/paint stained/whatever rag container, is still working fine, albeit too small and too ugly to live in the kitchen.)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Medical supply house?

SD

Reply to
S H O P D O G

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

Take a gander in Bed Bath & Beyond

or Linens 'n Things
Not saying you'll find a gem but their quality can be above WalMart and The Borg.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Also check the Container Store if there is one in the area. I like the medical supply suggestion, probably real money, but would last several lifetimes.

Reply to
Pete C.

Hmmm...I have two plastic "Sterlite" ones that are not foot pedal operated. Just bump the handle with hand, plate, whatever and the lid springs open. Been so long since I bought them (SHOPKO) I can't even guess. One has a broken spring so I have to give the lid an assist with my hand but the other is still operating.

I have had various foot operated models. Never was satisfied with any of them.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Check out your local janitorial supply store. Get the professional stuff not the designer stuff.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

FYI, if you send simplehuman an email or call them they will send you the parts that broke for free, mine did and they did, in fact they sent 2 sets..no charge, not even shipping. I wasn't ecstatic when it broke, like you said it's NOT a cheap item, but they do seem to stand behind their products.

Reply to
Mike S.