OT. OK to Eat Here but Not There

A restaurant owner sank $80,000 into her restaurant but can't open back up. Right next to her is a movie production company feeding people outside.

The one difference I can think of would be that more or less the same people would be eating at the movie production's spot every day.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

In Manitoba the police are handing out tickets at drive-in church services .. meanwhile - a drive-in movie night is approved in Ontario .. Granted that the infection rate in Manitoba is worse but the inconsistancies tend to get folks riled up .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

It is rather hosed up. You would think that if restaurants are really outside and have acceptable separation that they should be allowed to be open. Someone brought up a good point recently, which is that if restaurants are such a significant risk and vector of transmission, then you'd think there would be stats showing that restaurant wait staff have a high rate of infection, that infections have been tracked down to just dining in a restaurant that has followed guidelines, etc. I haven't seen it.

Reply to
trader_4

Good. It's time to examine nonsensical mandates of dubious legality.

Reply to
rbowman

I feel sorry for her but I don't understand why people keep voting for democrats. California democrats love regulations so why would anyone locate a business there. The smart money is moving out.

Reply to
Art60430

I said the same thing about the wait staff at the beaches 9 months ago and you told me I was wrong.

Reply to
gfretwell

The difference is that back then we had no data. Today we should have data, but do we? I haven't seen any. We'd have a lot more data upon which to make good judgments if we had a president interested in using science to save lives. Instead we still have a lying, denying shyster. Imagine a competent president setting up studies, contact tracing, to figure out how to minimize the spread, what businesses are high risk, what ones are low. Instead we had Trump saying let her rip, open everything, discouraging masks and holding death rallies. We'll be at about 400K dead before inauguration day.

Reply to
trader_4

I saw that some restaurants up north were adapting to the cold weather. So they could continue outdoor eating they put up tents and portable heaters. Yeah, that makes sense.

I did eat twice at outdoor restaurants but only with my daughter and far from others. No tents either.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski