tiling around drain

I am using 12" ceramic tiles in the laundry room and need to tile around a floor drain. The floor slope into the drain is approx. 12" diameter. How do I fit the tiles? do I cut them into 'pizza' slices around the circumference? Hopefully there's an easier/better way. Thanks in advance.

- gA

Reply to
gA

Either...

A. Fit tiles to floor

- OR -

B. Fit floor to tiles; i.e., cut or build up floor so the drain area is rectangular so that reasonably sized tiles can be used. Their ends would have to be angled to make trapezoids.

Reply to
dadiOH