tight lug nuts

Page 6 of 6
Pico Rico wrote:

Hi, Some are knowledgeable. My son's Subaru WRX is updated to STi specs. couple months ago I went to an oil change joint for an oil change. When I pulled in, this young boy came up from the pit and asked me if this is my car. I said no, and why are you asking? He said this is STi in disguise, you have intake air cooler, turbo pump, suspenssion, all are STi parts or better. Huh?, yes, this my son's and you are right, this car is totally updated by a hot rod shop, Tuner. How do you know all this. He said he is taking mechanics course in high school and he spends all the money on cars. So said he I know a thing or two about cars. Some of those monkeys know what they are doing but most of them don't. When you run into them treat them nice, they will do more than what you ask for.
On 09/26/2014 12:32 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

Maybe not, but I was referring to mechanics in general.
J Burns wrote:

I guess the tools that have come with my Japanese bikes would work but I usually replace them. Harleys are perfect so they don't come with any tools. Cough, cough.
I can't remember ever getting tools with a car except for the jack and lug nut wrenches. Toyota throws in the eyebolt to use when towing the vehicle. I'm not sure that's confidence inspiring :)
On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 07:45:47 -0400, Stormin Mormon

or 69?

Toyota and Honda (and I think Datsun - remember that far back?) used to come with a reasonable set of ugly looking tools that would fit over 90% of the fasteners on the car- including spark plugs.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My future father-in-law had a thing for Checkers. You could hold a Roman orgy in the backseat of one of those beasts.
My father was a little strange, too, and bought a '62 Rambler Classic because it had 15" wheels. It also had the reclining front seats that converted into a bed feature. Just what every father wanted to see his daughter's date drive up in.