Sto crap render and service.

Mr Turtill,
I thank you for the e-mail and pictures you sent.
I have looked into this matter, and regret to advise you that, as you were not our client on this project, for contractual reasons I am unable to discuss this matter directly with you.
May I suggest that you address your concerns directly either with the building owner or with the Main Contractor who managed the project.
Regards Keith Trew ----------------------------------------------------- From: Keith Trew; Sto Ltd.; GB-Paisley PA3 3 BQ Department: Administration Phone: +44-15 05-32 42 62 Fax: +44-15 05-32 36 18 Web Site: http://www.sto.com & http://www.sto.co.uk ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sto Limited - Registered as a Limited company in Scotland : SC76742 Registered Office Unit 3, Lyon Road, Linwood Ind Estate, Paisley. PA3 3BQ
http://photos11.flickr.com/14798439_58f06165a5_b.jpg
We do own the building and the main contractor says it is a feature of Sto render they cannot help. The main contractor R G Carter (Ipswich) Ltd nailed the insulation to a backing board and their sub-contractor Retrofit Ltd slapped the render on top and now the nails show through where the heat escapes and Sto says it is nothing to do with them just as Carters do. snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Sto is probably right. I"ve never seen such a crappy installation. Sto if pretty fussy here in the US. Perhaps the installer cut corners or used the wrong fasteners. Before you try to tarnish their image, get some details of the installation of the system. Only then can he real fault be determined.

Sto have been here and inspected the crappy installation and passed it as acceptable:-( Peter Turtill
Peter Turtill wrote:

All that thin coat stuff's crap. A traditional stucco application is the only way.. That's 3 coats. Not one over styrofoam.

That is what I am stuck with. A crappy system that should be banned. pete

Why? Tens of thousands of people are very happy with the Sto system. Admittedly your looks like crap for some reason, but to say it should be banned is a bad as the runaround you are getting from the installer and possibly Sto. Someone should have enough skills and competence to figure out what the problem is and how to fix it. Yes, your complaint is justified, but that does not mean every job is bad.

No of course not. You are correct and I am just unlucky that Sto could be so sloven as they have approved the work and workmanship and merely mentioned bad trowel work that doesn't make any difference to the render. However others should be aware of the problem of dealing with Sto or having their system installed and hopefully avoid the run around I am being given. pete