Thank You, Lowe's

Had a little shopping venture to get supplies for a couple of projects. Nuts, bolts, plywood, paint remover. Check out, paint remover on bottom of cart, small stuff in cart, plywood on top. Load up the car, get home, don't have paint remover.....$30 gone? Call Lowe's, talk to Chris in customer service. Chris went out to the parking lot, retrieved my paint remover and kept it until I could claim it. There was plenty of help on hand to help shoppers, too. Now, if only I could find a couple of spring-clamps like they used to use on old, wood-frame storm windows and screens.............

Reply to
Norminn

I really prefer Lowes to HD. People are more helpful and available. Plus my neighbor works there and always finds things that have been returned unwrapped and sold at bottom dollar :) Oh and since I am currently disabled, those little electric shopping buggies are much faster at Lowes :)

Reply to
Meat Plow

Do you mean the screen door hook type with the spring to lock the hook into the eyebolt?

I know I saw those somewhere recently

I know for sure that I saw the hardware they used at the top to hang them from and I think those were at Lowes. Here is a picture:

Check the aisle where the door and window parts are sold and also check the hardware isle where all the stuff is stored in drawers.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Colbyt wrote: ...

Damn it's hard pulling the cart along while paddling over to that isle, though... (and, yes, I know I carefully snipped the correctly-spelled occurrence) :)

--

Reply to
dpb

on 6/24/2007 7:54 AM Norminn said the following:

Like these?

willshak

Me too, but they suck at checkout, at least at our local Lowes.

EVERYTIME I go there, and I mean EVERYTIME, they only have 1 checkout lane open and the customer service desk/checkout. No matter how busy they are, or how empty the place is. And there can be 25 people in line and THEY STILL WON'T OPEN ANY OTHER FRIGGIN' REGISTERS !

That is why I stopped going there, unless I know the place is going to be empty.

Reply to
Postal68

The fourth floor of E. J. Korvettes was like that too. A few years later the chain closed, but I don't know if that was related.

Reply to
mm

IMHO, business cycles cause companies, and their services to cycle. Right now Lowes seems to have the happiest, helpful employees compared to HD.

tom @

Just Joshin

HD is in trouble because they hired someone from GE to be the big boss a while back and he fired all the experienced help to save money and raise the stock price. It worked for a while. Now he is fired.

Reply to
Art

I have bad legs..(2 major operations since Christmas ) .so honestly I just can not walk all over the store to find 3 or 4 l items, then walk out to my vehicle without stopping to let my leg muscles some O2 ..

.SO I use their Handicapped scooters...

Home Depot .. .Lucky to get scooter and luckier if it works Lowes Normally not a problem finding one at the Door..

Guess where I shop ...?

Bob G. .

Reply to
Bob G.

That would be the fault of a poor store manager, not Lowe's as a whole. Ours is the opposite. Glad to hear that someone is making good use of the electric carts - they look like they would be great.

Reply to
C & E

Our Lowe's cashiers wait at the entry to an open lane to flag you down!

Reply to
Norminn

Thanks, but it isn't what I want. What I am thinking of is the kind of latch that is fastened to the trim and snaps over the wood frame of the storm/screen, and the storm/screen is flush with the trim. It has a flat, springy thing that, to release the storm/screen, you pull back from the window end and it snaps back toward the trim. Very old, I think.

Reply to
Norminn

They solved that problem at the newest store here in town. They now have self checkout like the grocery stores.

Now I can find, load and pay for my stuff with no need to find an employee. :)

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

A local _Checkout Line Rant_.

Miggy is about to go postal, but she has some tips.

Not just HD, and Lowes, she nails most all checkout lines.

-- Oren

Oren

For some reason I'm not attracted too, or use these checkouts. I have once or twice. They still have one employee to monitor the six or so checkouts.

Just the other day I noticed HD has automated the BBQ LP tank replacement method. Step up, slide the debit card, etc. and the cage door for your new tank will pop open. Remove it and place the old one in and close the door. Not sure yet, if you have to go back to the ATM/Debit for a receipt.

-- Oren

Oren

I hate them things and refuse to use them. Seems I always have a problem with an item that won't scan or it won't take my money. I tried and failed three times and never went back to them. Besides, they don't give me a discount for doing someone else's work.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Our local Home Depot has them and around a year back when the last time I ever darkened their doors, I tried to check out through one with a shovel. I scanned the shovel and it gave the price and then said to put the shovel in a bag and scan the next item. I leaned the shovel up against the machine and tried to scan the next item but it wouldn't scan and said Put The Last Item In The Bag Before Continuing! I figured one of the geniuses at Microsoft must have programmed this thing. The HD "Associate" (political correct word for employee) couldn't get the stupid thing past the Shovel in the Bag hangup before continuing either.

For all I know, that thing is still sitting there waiting for someone to get that shovel in a bag before it will ever continue.

Makes you wonder just how bright the makers & programmers of this type of trash really are. Our latest and brightest college engineers. I guess they didn't cover in their programming classes that you can't fit a shovel in a 1ft x 1.5ft plastic bag and since they have no common sense, then all hope is lost.

Regards,

Reply to
Stan

I love them. You can get out of the store in less than half the time it takes the slow checker to ring up your order. I've never had a problem with the grocery store scanners, and only once at HD with an item too large to be put on the bagging unit. In less than 5 seconds an employee was at the machine, punched in a code, and I was out the door.

Reply to
<h>

From the sounds of it you don&#39;t understand how they work. Scan item, put item in bag or on bag area so that it can check what you scanned with what you put down. It doesn&#39;t care if its in a bag or not, it just has to sit or lean on top of the scale those bags sit on. It has to weigh the item otherwise people could shoplift all day at those self-check stands.

Reply to