Thank you Mr. Slug

Sometimes you're the windshield....sometimes you're the bug....

A couple of weeks ago I had a Psychopsis Mendenhall "Hildos" FCC/AOS put out

2 spikes. For me it's a miracle since I usually kill these with love. This one is now 2 years in my care!

I was very upset one morning to find that one of the 2 spikes were chewed off near the tip when they were about 6 inches tall. @*(@*) Slugs! I put down the slug pellets and left the damaged spike alone.

Now where I have 1 damaged spike there are 2 branches. If I'm lucky by October in time for the show I should have a plant with 3 flowers blooming instead of just 2. Thanks Mr. Slug!

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good Growing, Gene

P.S. I'd rather be lucky than good!

Reply to