Spur/Rubbermaid shelving

Several years ago we bought a lot of almond-colored "Spur" brand (UK-made) steel adjustable shelf fittings at Home Depot. A year or two back when we wanted more, we found that the company had in the meantime been acquired by Rubbermaid and that what was now sold as "almond" was a somewhat different color, but we bought more and put up with the color difference -- and with the greater depth of the uprights (i.e., they stick out from the wall further than the originals). (Also many of the specialized accessory fasteners were no longer available.)
Now I have tried to buy more (even with the different depth and color), only to find that HD now has only black, white and silver and that the uprights vary in depth: some lengths are deeper than others. They have Rubbermaid stickers (showing them to be made in Canada), but there is no trace of these on the Rubbermaid Web site to see whether HD simply doesn't stock other colors or whether Rubbermaid has quit making them.
Does anybody have any idea whether this stuff is still available in almond (either the original or the new color) and where? Or did Rubbermaid buy them up simply to take them off the market?
Perce
Know your pain well, BTDT with HD. As woodworking hobbyist I was making a chest of drawers and bought required Accuride drawer slides at HD then change of design needed 2 more drawer slides but HD changed the offerings and Accuride was no longer available. Last time I bought drawer slides or much of any other hardware at HD for me. LOTS of on-line sources for quality hardware and shipping is much worth the price to get what YOU want instead of what the MBAs decide you want!
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:13:28 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

But in this case I'm not so sure that it is HD's fault. Even if I Google the part numbers that are printed on the Rubbermaid labels on a variety of the white fittings that HD does stock, I get only one hit -- from an on-line supplier of "storage solutions" (and they don't sell the other colors) -- so perhaps Rubbermaid simply discontinued this whole line. Even searching Rubbermaid's own site for these part numbers is fruitless.
Perce
On 07/21/05 11:05 am nospambob tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

In 1985 I replaced my college 1978 cardboard file drawers with Rubbermaid ones (inside my study closet).. Not only did three Rubbermaid drawers take up the space of four cardboard ones.. but eventually they sagged and don't open properly.. I still have them because I don't thave the time or energy to deal with it.. but if I ever replace it I'm going the steel route.. ok, the cardboard ones had begun to make a cloud of dust every time you opened or closed them.. but prosperity masks waste.. wudda done better just buying same cardboard drawers as before..
                - = - Vasos-Peter John Panagiotopoulos II, Columbia'81+, Bio$trategist      BachMozart ReaganQuayle EvrytanoKastorian http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}--- [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards] [Fooey on GIU,Windows 4 Bimbos] [Cigar smoke belongs in veg food group]