Spur off a spur?

Is it permissable/advisable to connect an electric towel bar using a fused spur, connected to a spur? That's what our electrician intends to do, and it doesn't sound right to me (I'm hoping he's right, and I'm wrong.)
S Viemeister wrote:

A spur off a *fused* spur is OK ...
Andy Burns pretended :

On the fused side, but not from the unfused side only protected by the 32amp MCB!
Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Then that wouldn't be what I'd call "off"
On 06/09/2019 17:16, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

And the protection offered by the known loads.
--
Adam

Don't know what the wiring regs say about it at the end of the day adding s ay another double socket to an existing one on a spur is no different than plugging in a four socket extension lead into a socket. I suppose if you fe ed your spur off a FCU then you can control the maximum current drawn by wh atever you plug in by what type of fuse you put in the FCU making sure it i s below the rated maximum for the cable.
I have seen it done, in our first house a 1975 build there was a spur in a studded wall that ended with a faceplate in the the two bedooms either side and it was simply spurred off a socket on the landing and it was the origi nal wiring done by the builders.
Richard
On 06/09/2019 17:26, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Probably done after first fit before the house had exchanged contracts.
prospective purchaser asked for extra sockets and it could have been any of the site workers who did it, and not necessarily a qualified electrician.
On 06/09/2019 15:49, Andy Burns wrote:

And it's probably a "safe deviation" from the regs from a unfused spur
--
Adam

On 06/09/2019 14:31, S Viemeister wrote:

For a general purpose socket spur, then yes but only if both sockets are protected by the fused spur.
With a specific known load - like a towel rail fed from a flex outlet, then it might also be acceptable from an unfused spur if you can show that there is not possibility of overload.
--
Cheers,

John.