Radial: to spur or not to spur ?

I've got radials going to far bedrooms and holes drilled through the walls in some places for a socket either side.

I could wire them as short spurs, (with 3 wires sharing socket terminals) or I could wire them in a chain, with one wire going through the wall and then another coming back out (with 2 wires sharing socket terminals) but this would mean MORE connections to the last socket, and each connection is a weak point.

So which way is best to do them?

George

Reply to
George Miles

My policy in a non-ring setting would be to try and reduce the longest cable to the farthermost socket.

I would choose to use short spurs, assuming the terminals can cope.

Reply to
Fredxx

My policy would be to look at what in fact would be on such (a) spur(s) and do the easiest thing that doiesnt compromise cable carrying capacity.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If its a 20A radial wired in 2.5mm you can do either so I would minimise the joints.

Reply to
invalid