Soiltac soil stabilizer

Page 1 of 2

Has anyone in these groups used or become familiar with a soil erosion control product called Soiltac? If so, I'd like to know how it has worked for you. I'm trying to find a way to stop some serious erosion of a stream bed that's caused (of course) by the upstream parking lots that the local big-time developers have laid out.
Thanks.
Lynn Willis Indianpolis snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu

===============If you don't get an answer here you can try calling your local Agricultural Extension Agent. They can usually point you in the right direction.
--
ZB....
Frugal ponding since 1995.
snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu wrote:

The website for the company that makes Soiltac is www.soiltac.com (you gotta love Google! :>) I'm also interested in this product as I have erosion behind a riverwall, requiring a lot of digging and lost of grass going into the winter/spring storm season here in Alabama, and I really appreciate Lynn's question, which brought this product to our attention.
It appears that you can buy Soiltac in everything from a small sample size to a tanker full!
snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu ( snipped-for-privacy@iupui.edu) says...

Tackifiers are used to hold mulch on slopes to protect them from raindrops. If you are looking at stream bed erosion, your best shot is to place some boulders in the stream to slow the water velocity. If you are getting stream bank erosion, you might think about revetments, riffles, or vegetation. Willow plug planted 12" O/C will only take a couple of years to knit a bank together.
Call your local soil conservation office. It's listed in the federal part of the blue pages, but administered through your county.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 04:39:17 -0800, Larry Caldwell wrote:

Depending on where you live and whether any existing regulations are enforced, you may or may not be allowed to do work in the stream bed without a permit. Also, the developers should have been required to submit a storm water management plan and/or one for sediment control. That said, here the main source of excess runoff is logging rather than development. Lots of luck getting the regulations enforced when the runoff is doing damage on your property.

Ann wrote:

[....]
[....]
this part implies of how a yankee government is to protect.
[....]

this part shows the reality of living under a yankee government.
Jim wrote:

Nonsense. Riparian laws exist worldwide, in fact they're more strictly enforced most other places. The US is fairly lenient and and rather lax about water course rights... in some parts of the world you interfere with a stream so small you can piss across it and your neighbors will stretch your neck with no repercussions whatsoever.
Sheldon wrote:

Jim's religion seems to know no bounds.
unsettled wrote:

yankee guy-type government has laws and procedures for the purpose of allowing immigration in a prescribed and controlled manner. yet we have a term describing some 12 million persons residing within the boundaries of yankee land. can you say, illegal immigrate? can you also say unenforced laws and procedures?

Jim connects himself with no religion. just thought you might enjoy being confused by that fact.
Jim wrote:

Here's part of one of those religions of yours, in your own words: "this part shows the reality of living under a yankee government."
You don't even know what "religion" is pal.
"Sociologists and anthropologists see religion as an abstract set of ideas, values, or experiences developed as part of a cultural matrix. Primitive religion was indistinguishable from the sociocultural acts where custom and ritual defined an emotional reality."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion
You're a primitive all right.
unsettled wrote:

first I'm not your pal.
religion is that which man has defined. religion is what man be they sociologists or anthropologists have realized to be traditions of man taught by man in order to give man power over men. that cultural matrix is exactly the order of man having power over man by teaching and spreading lies and half truths playing on the emotional reality of the confused lost and scared who seek safety or the protection from that which they fear.

yes, primitive enough to keep a great distance between myself and the word religion when used by man so as to further the agenda of man.
but don't worry. I don't expect you or any other yankee culture worshiper to even begin to understand the things which last forever and really matter.
now amuse me by telling me about your sports-guy hero and the other things of your materialist world you adore.
Jim wrote:

You also don't recognize sarcasm unless it is part of your narrowly construed definition, pal.

Precisely as you're practicing it right here, pal.

Boy you're really good at doing precisely what you make believe you're against, pal.

Right, your religions are so much better than anyone else's.
LMAO

Your religions will all die with you, pal.

You're barking up the wrong tree, pal. And you're barking mad too, pal. Anyway, you're already amusing yourself by pretending to be better than everyone else, pal.
unsettled wrote:

your usage of the term pal only shows you to be another rude sarcastic arrogant yankee guy-type.
what you think you think is yours however what you think I know you will never understand.
Jim wrote:

According to your religion, yes. Reality, however, is otherwise, pal.

Golly gee, you finally got ONE thing right, pal.
Cogito ergo sum!

Understand? What, in the internal context of your mental illness. I pray to God never. I notice that you're still pretending to be better than everyone else, but fact is you're just an ordinary sinner like all the rest of us, pal!
unsettled wrote:

[....]
in your imagination.

oh I'm a sinner that's a most definite fact.
Jim wrote:

Your mission for the week is to contemplate how the deadly sin of pride affects your life and your postings to misc.rural.
You might start here:
http://www.deadlysins.com/sins/pride.html
unsettled wrote:

yea I read and first paragraph on the page. speaks of giving credit where credit is due.
now you take a look at something on this page and note the top of the page where thanks is given. http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/t/h/theplanter/tr-repair.html
now right click on the black blank space and select [view info]. note the words "last modified". looks like something done awhile ago.
now let me ask you about pride, your pride? what compelled you to write the following items?
"He apparently has a stutter to go along with his brain farts." "You're a primitive all right."
by pride comes contention! do you, like al and jon seek quarrels and disputes with me by making direct reference to me as being less than you?
just asking.
Jim wrote:

No it doesn't! It addresses precisely what you're getting into in this response of yours. Giving credit to God for your abilities does *nothing* to offset your preaching against yankees who are your fellow humans and just as valuable in God's eyes as you are.

Big deal. To acknowledge this without living the life demanded by biblical teachings is to live a lie of duplicity, and in your case, pride.

We're talking about your activity.

Put them back in context to understand. They're criticisms of your behavior in the discussions here. They have not sought to condemn you without any capacity for improvement or redemption as you constantly do to "yankees".

That's what brought this on.

I am talking about your behavior in this newsgroup, and the way you seek to diminish others while repetitively placing yourself in a superior position. Do you think you're closer to God than a "Yankee"? You sure write as though you believe that.
Glad I have your attention.

LOL
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Sheldon) says...

In the West we have a saying, "Whisky is for drinking, water is for fighting."
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
(Ann) says...

However, getting a permit is a fairly straightforward process, if you give it enough lead time and submit sensible plans. You local Soil Conservation District field rep can provide you with sample plans for erosion control and stream enhancement that assure almost automatic approval. If you want to install a small scale hydro plant, you have a lot of hoops to jump through, but if you just want to stabilize a stream bed or stream bank, the process is pretty simple.