Sizing removal question

Hi, just dropping by this group hoping for some advice. I've just removed wallpaper and am preparing to paint. How do I remove the sizing from the wall? So far, I've been using a warm water/vinegar solution and wiping it off, but it's a slow process, like peeling a bad sunburn! There must be a better way.
Advice appreciated.
Deb
On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:20:19 -0500, "Deborah G. Buckner"

Sizing is nothing more than thinned down adhesive. Wash all the glue off- when it stops feeling slimey you are done. Let the walls dry thoroughly. Then sand any irregularities, spackle or use joint compound to smooth them out. Sand again & paint.
3rd eye wrote:

What I used recently was another coat of wallpaper remover and some of those Scotchbrite pads. Some spots were really stubborn and for those I used wet sandpaper, about 220 grit.
Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated.
Deb