Shocked!

Page 10 of 11

We all make mistakes. (-:

originate from a neighbor.

That's an interesting idea and a way to determine if there's a fault external to the home wiring.
The problem is that with digital meters, you can read a phantom voltage and reach the wrong conclusions.
I think the best advice is still to shut the main breaker and call an electrician AND the power company.
--
Bobby G.

Hey, Fred!
Are you still with us? You got half of the group ready to beat the crap out of each other because of your question and we still don't know if you got electrocuted or not.
Now is not the time to see if Obamacare works.
On 10/28/2013 9:29 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

It's only a flame war because certain unnamed people on this list are moronic idiots. If people weren't such numb skulls, the list would be a lot better. If we could block all the bottom posters, top posters, people who can't spell, flamers, and religious zealot cultists, we'd have a pretty good list. If you fry yourself on the pipe, you still have to sign up for Obama Care?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Only if you are not drinking the kool aid.
On 10-29-2013, 09:18, Stormin Mormon wrote:

No, but your heirs can do it for you.
--
Wes Groleau

A pessimist says the glass is half empty.
On 10/26/2013 6:20 PM, Fred wrote:

In some areas, electricity is distributed through the water pipes. There is a splitter, usually located outside or in the garage, that separates the electricity and the water. It's very similar to the DSL splitter that separates voice from data over the twisted pair wires coming into your house.
Your splitter may be defective. Call the power company and tell them what's happening, and that you believe that your Dihydrogen Monoxide Electroresister Distributor is defective.
On 10/29/2013 10:33 AM, sms wrote:

That happened to my cousin, last week. I'd forgotten it, until you brought it up.
They may need to refill the blinker fluid.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Fred wrote:

Okay Fred, it's Wednesday, -- electrician day. Did he/she show up? What was the outcome?

Yes they showed up. But, it was after the fire department was here. I finally got electric back after almost 20 hrs without it.
Got some burnt siding by the outside spigot. Was fortunate enough to have an alert neighbor who awakened us, then called the fire department.
The fire chief did his investigation. I know I had to get a new box downstairs. Thankfully my deductible is only $250, and we are alive.
On 10/30/2013 08:32 PM, Fred wrote:

yikes! I assume this was related to the problem you originally posted about? Hope everything gets fixed up OK and glad to hear that you're all right. Please do tell us what the issue was when you have a chance.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 10/31/2013 7:21 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

I'm also wondering what was the problem. that sounds totally serious.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/30/2013 8:32 PM, Fred wrote:

You for real, Fred? We all knew it was serious, but, man, that's beyond serious.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Fred wrote:

So, what was the problem? What did the electricians say? What did the fire chief say?
On 10/30/2013 07:32 PM, Fred wrote:

Glad you are OK but for crying out loud nearly everyone here told you it was SERIOUS and to get it checked IMMEDIATELY. Because you chose to ignore the advice you got you could have ended up fried.
Just because your input box was faulty and you got it replaced does not mean all your problems are solved. You still more than likely have an electrical ground attached somewhere to an ungrounded water pipe.
You need to get that resolved or some day you may get electrocuted.
It could be due to PCV piping having been put in at some point.
Additionally if you live in a dry , sandy area such as Texas it is very common for ground rods to have no grounding capability. They often need to be longer than the typical 3 or 6 foot rod...or else have water poured on them periodically.
--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS85KjUsEm0&feature=youtu.be

On Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:19:26 AM UTC-4, philo  wrote:

hat

ve

Anyone else still wondering if this original post is real or someone is just trolling?
On 10/31/2013 10:25 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Because he ignored all advice I did suspect him of being a troll.
OTOH: Since this is a potentially life-threatening siutation I've decided to err on the side of caution.
When someone commits suicide in most situations close friends say they heard the person mention it but never took them seriously.
On 10/31/2013 11:25 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Well, we haven't heard what was the problem.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

[Snip}

Almost from the beginning... when some tempers started to flare.

Happy Halloween!
On 10/31/13 6:35 PM, Fred wrote:

Chocolate dipped onion on a stick.