Securing Underlay

I need to secure 1/4 inch underlay to my subfloor in my small basement bathroom.
The subfloor is 5/8 OSB tapconned through 1/4 inch (vacuum formed plastic vapor barrier/support).
Anyways, I can only find 1 1/4 ringed underlay nails. They hit the concrete.
Could I use 1 inch brad staples instead?
Any other suggestions?

I suppose you could use the staples but not sure. You might add a bit of insurance in the form of construction adhesive as well. Cheers, cc

The pros doing our installation used a narrow crown (18ga I think) stapler over the 5/8" plywood subfloor. The staples were probably 1".
They drove a _lot_ of staples. < 8" spacing overall. Nothing whatsoever is moving.
If you really want to, construction adhesive will remove any doubts.
[I put in a bit around a spot where the T&G appeared a bit iffy]
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est