laminate underlay

Hi - I have a concrete floor conservatory (4mx4m) which I was going to cover with laminate (leaving expansion gap) ... and was going to use 6mm woodfibre underlay boards (- on top of a dpm)

- and I was wondering if it was a good idea to use 2 layers of woodfibre underlay to improve insulation... (lay top layer @ 90 degrees to bottom) or whether there would be too springy and damage the joints of the laminate? thanks Andy

Reply to
andy smith

Might be an issue after a while. Could be worth installing underfloor heating at the same time. Mate wished he had done it and now has to have a fan heater on instead