Laminate flooring underlay

I'm currently doing a quick and cheap (thats the important part) redecoration job on a room. I want to put down a laminate floor (I know some of you seriously dislike laminate, but there is no way I can afford a real wood floor), and was wondering about the underlay. The underlay that is currently in place under the carpet is in good condition, and I was wondering if I could just re-use that under a laminate floor? The floor is concrete, so I know that I will need to put down a vapour barrier. Any pitfalls that I should look out for?

TIA

Reply to
Slugsie

Carpet and laminate floor underlay are incompatible. SO NO.

Check out

and then click on the installation section.

Steve

Reply to
Stephen Williams

"Stephen Williams" wrote in message news:ccurv9$vn0$ snipped-for-privacy@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...

OK thanks.

I've laid a laminate floor before, and used a green fibre board type tiles for the underlay. However, B&Q sheets of 2mm thick foam stuff in for underlay. Has anyone used this before, and know how it compares to the fibre boards?

Reply to
Slugsie

In article , Slugsie writes

It is good/cheaper/easier if the floor is totally flat. But the green fibre stuff can take up more irregularities in the floor.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell