Sears warranty repair morons at work

Page 2 of 2

So escalate it to a regional supervisor or just buy a new cable. Your time is doublessly worth more than what a cable would cost. But slapping some sense into the regional manager would certainly be worth trying.
Dr Doom wrote:

My response would have been to return the mower to Sears, telling them that you aren't satisfied with the reliablity of the product and their service policies.
I needed a new AC adapter for my Toshiba laptop (under warranty) The warranty reps, none spoke decent english, sounded like they were from India. They wanted me to ship my laptop bact to timbuc-too to have them check the ac adapter. they would put a new one in the box and ship it back to me. Turnaround of 2 - 3 weeks. The ac adapter plugs into the laptop and outlet, not actually part of the computer. If they just sent me one I could ship the bad one back. But no. they couldn't do that. So I bought a new ac adapter for 99 dollars, rather than give up my computer for 3 weeks. Next time I buy the Dell.
Stretch
Sears? The Dell with them.
(I've got a friend who really likes Toshiba, but I couldn't make that into a joke). Egyptian computer -- give computer toshiba? Dark in here, I need a light toshiba?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stretch wrote:

And you will find exactly the same thing. This is what happens when price becomes the most important thing. There isn't enough margin to provide real service so that is why you get Mujibar when you call and get forced into all sorts of tedious procedures designed to lower their cost.
George wrote:

And they appear to have succeeded...
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:58:00 -0400, "Dr Doom"

At least they're not sending them out to India yet (where apparently some of their call centres are). Actually I bought an extended warranty from a lovely Indian lady one evening and it ended up working out really well.
Only because the local service centre really is local though. Who'd have thought being out in the boonies could actually be an advantage?
-=s
The bump cap came off my weed wacker somewhere and I called to order a part...sears said it was still under warranty to take it to the store.
I told them I needed the bottom cap but they said I had to send it all away.
They called a few days later to say it wasn't under warranty and it would cost 85 dollars to fix a 100$ weed wacker.????
I told them anything that cost 85 to fix should under warranty...so don't fix send it back that was 2 weeks ago and I called and they don't know where it is?
That's my sears story CathyLee