Sears/Craftsman Warranty - Snow Blowers

I have a 3 year old Craftsman 24 inch/5.5HP snowblower where I could never get the bolt off the oil tube, to change the oil

I asked for advice re: this at my local Sears store and their main man (John) in Lawn and Garden admitted it can be a problem but to use vice-grips to hold the tube while also using a wrench to loosen the bolt.

Past two seasons following the above advice...nothing, still can't loosen the bolt.

Well, tried it again this morning and snap....the oil tube broke right out of the engine housing.

I called Sears to question the warranty on this and their 'Sunday' help could only offer me to call back tomorrow when John is back in or to call Service when they open Monday morning.

To prepare for the worst, anyone aware of what type of warranty or coverage will I have to get the oil tube fixed?

FWFW, when they look at the blower they'll see its in really good shape, like most in my area, it gets used maybe 4-5 time at most a season.

Thanks in advance

-MACE-

Reply to
MACE

RTFM

So? You should have taken it back the first time.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Yep, probably right, that being said, thoughts on warranty coverage?

Manual is long gone so I don't know what coverage was offered

Reply to
MACE

Check the Sears web site. If they don't have the old one, a new one will give you a rough idea.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

At least you are Finally getting out that old oil.

Reply to
m Ransley

A chunk of pipe busted off in a hole is easy to get out. Go get yourself some easy-outs and get on with it.

jm44316