Pool Maintenenance Software

Hi,

I'm looking at pool maintenance software. One is Perfect Pool and Spa's the other is PoolEase. Anyone have any opinions on either one of these packages?

Thanks, Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl King

. I just looked at both there web sights. I think if your new to the pool world, the first thing to do is find a good pool/spa supply. . There is nothing to testing your water but some test you can't do with your home test kits so once a month take in a water sample. I don't see how a computer program is going to save you money or time. Either way your looking at the water you tested so why spend more time typing your opinion into a computer. Some pool and spa places give you a printout . There is also a lot of free info on pool care on the net. It's really not rocket science. The main I found with my pool was finding a good supply shop, My neighbors pointed me in the right direction. The first place I went to was Leslies that was a big and costly mistake. Are you just looking for some guidance in your pool care?

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Computers make hard things easy, and easy things hard.

This is one of the latter.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Basically, I've looked around the net for a couple of years now. Have looked for manuals to explain the interrelationships between alkalinity, pH, etc. You're always trying to find the right balance between what algae/pink slime/black algae you can kill and what alkalinity your marcite will take. And if someone throws in a toy that's got algae on it, before you know it, you're seeing green on the wall.

I find bits and pieces on the web, nothing comprehensive.

When I go to the store, I'm told what I need, no reasoning behind it--you know, knowledge is power deal. I have to really push for information so I can be smarter in maintaining the pool.

Used to have a pool as a kid, so I am familiar with maintenance. This is Florida, so, it's a bit more complicated.

Thanks for your response, though--I appreciate it!

I did download the perfect pool software trial version, and I see that it will give me an explanation of why I'm putting in the chemicals also--guess there's a maintenance schedule also.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl King

Have you tried a local community college? Some offer a pool course.

I'm a new pool owner and have followed the local store advice for a year and have no complaints. Some things I just don't need to know; the "interrelationships" you mention, is better left to those that care or want to study them. Me - I wanna swim and enjoy.

Of course, rain, rain, sun and more sun.... It's a task to keep them.

oren

=============== My have had my for almost 40 years now ...and to be honest I only grab the test kt and do a test maybe one or two times during normal summers... I use the pool almost daily and can tell by the :feel: or by the looks of the water if something is not right...BUT when in doubt I run a sample in to "my" pool store supply company...

Just do not understand the need for any computer program..

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.