Morons at Deft

I just got off the phone with the supervisor of tech support for Deft Spray Lacquer.

I asked what the best product was for cleaning a wood that was top coated with their lacquer. They guy had no idea. I asked about Windex or an alcohol based cleaner. Still no idea.

I said, "Are you telling me you're the supervisor for tech support for Deft finishes and you have no idea if ammonia will have a negative reaction with your product or not?" "Um, uhhh, um..."

Unbelievable.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Really unbelievable.

Reply to
woodchucker

Tech support for a wood finishing product only expects questions about preparation and application, not the practical part of caring for it later ;-)

Reply to
adsDUMP

--------------------------------------------- Check out a product called Method.

It's organic and available at Target.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Perhaps he read too much into your question... ;~) He was probably wondering what a top coat of lacquer had anything to do with cleaning the wood.

Reply to
Leon

Not surprising that a supervisor wouldn't know... they are there to ride herd over the customer service reps not deal with customers. The reps generally follow scripts... so they may not "know" themselves.

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

They may be in India too. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I would just use simple green.. It's a pretty good cleaner. I use it on my saw blades when not using empire blade cleaner.

My son uses it on his bike chain to clean off the old gunk.

Reply to
woodchucker

FYI, I would avoid alcohol, acetone, lacquer thinner, bases and acids. Water too.

Best cleaning is dusting. A damp - damp, not wet - cloth can be used, dry immediately. If there is grunge to get off use paint thinner or naptha.

Reply to
dadiOH

Thank you, Lew. Would you like a job at Deft?

Reply to
-MIKE-

Yeah, I worded the question better to him than I did in this post. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

No kidding? In this case, it's just some water spots and toothpaste from splash-up. The medicine cabinet I posted pics of a while back.

Reply to
-MIKE-

--------------------------------------------- Lew Hodgett wrote:

------------------------------------------- "-MIKE-" wrote:

------------------------------------------- Only as a commissioned agent.

These days I work for me.

Lew

BTW, It will clean up that toothpaste 123

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I get this from a refinishing/cabnetmaker buddy of mine. works great

ChairMan

Ask to speak to their chemist or someone in their lab or at least ask to be transferred to technical services

Reply to
F Murtz

He must be "Deft"..... humm john

I just got off the phone with the supervisor of tech support for Deft Spray Lacquer.

I asked what the best product was for cleaning a wood that was top coated with their lacquer. They guy had no idea. I asked about Windex or an alcohol based cleaner. Still no idea.

I said, "Are you telling me you're the supervisor for tech support for Deft finishes and you have no idea if ammonia will have a negative reaction with your product or not?" "Um, uhhh, um..."

Unbelievable.

Reply to
jloomis

Bingo! Have a good deal of luck doing exactly that, usually when dealing with installation advice for items like manufactured flooring, siding, subflooring, etc.

Most often when doing so you will have to leave a name a number and they will call you back, but it is generally worth it to be able to talk to someone with a clue.

It is rare that the first person you talk to when phoning a corporation or government entity these days is there because of an inherent intelligence.

Reply to
Swingman

When a truck pulled out of a construction site across the street where I live and pulled down the power distribution lines I had the endure the wall of ignorance when the first line of contact suggested that I check my fuses or circuit breakers to see if they were the cause of the power being out. "I don't need to check the fuses because the wires are lying on the street, you dummy."

Reply to
EXT

Yea, that's like after Sandy I still had no power, and they told me I did. I told them the line that connects 30 homes is still on the ground. During the outage they were not connecting you with a person, after they were 100% restored we finally were heard. We were the last to get restored.. they had done all the single homes that were out...

Reply to
woodchucker