replacing one brand of built-in oven for another (both 30 inch single ovens)

CAN I REPLACE MY KITCHENAID, MODEL # KEBS107DAL1 FOR A GE JT5000SFSS WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE SPACE?
On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 5:15:54 PM UTC-8, Rolanda Small wrote:

Here is a link for both: Kithchen Aid http://www.kitchenaid.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Installation%20Instructions%20-%204450411.pdf
GE http://products.geappliances.com/MarketingObjectRetrieval/Dispatcher?RequestType=PDF&Name20235_jt5000df_c3.pdf
Rolanda Small wrote:

You can't look at the requirements and see if things are all in the right place ? Who reminds you to breath ?
--
Snag

On 11/10/2015 8:40 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

Why so harsh? Some people have a lot of good talents but don't understand drawings. The way the dimensions are you have to know what you are looking at.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Ed , I don't think it's all that difficult to look at the install sheet that came with the unit . On that sheet will be a box outlined in heavy black that will say "power supply must be located in this area" or similar . Same with a gas unit , it will be clearly marked where the service must enter the space .
--
Snag

On 11/11/2015 8:47 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

It is not hard for me either as I know how to red blueprints, but I can't play the piano. The OP may play the piano or do brain surgery but has no idea how to look at the drawings.
Life is full of choices. I chose to help, you chose otherwise. I'm OK with my choice, hope you are with yours.
On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 8:47:56 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

+1
What special skill is required to look at drawings where it shows the oven, the opening, with dimensions clearly marked? And more importantly, no one here is going to be able to give a definitive answer anyway, because we can't measure the opening the OP has, see the clearances adjacent to the opening in all directions, etc.
Generally a 30" is meant to fit where a 30" was.

It came with the unit AFTER you buy the unit. She hasn't bought the new one yet, of course, and the old one might have been in the house when she moved in, with no oven documentation.

You mean the sheet she probably hasn't got.

On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 12:35:06 AM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

The install dimensions are right there on the second link. And if you want the actual full installation instructions, they are almost certainly available online too. It is 2015, not 1965.

On 11/10/2015 8:17 PM, Rolanda Small wrote:

At a quick glance I'd say yes. They look the same dimensionally. Most of this stuff is standardized for that reason.
Rolanda Small posted for all of us...

NO! I SAY AGAIN NO!
--
Tekkie