22 inch WIDE GAS wall oven - source ?????

Friend of mine in central NJ needs a new GAS wall oven.

However local gas company who did a small repair said you can no longer get parts and also said ovens are only available in 24 inch WIDE and up.

Please say it AIN'T so.

That would require practically a kitchen makeover with replacement cabinets,etc. She is looking for a single gas wall oven of the lower end quality you would find at Depot, Sears, Lowes, etc. - NO Vulcan quality stoves - only a simple basic stove for someone living in a co-op who does not do a lot of cooking.

I have been looking on Google for about a half hour now and NO GOOD. All I find are 24 inch WIDE and up.

As I said, she is in central Jersey but right now ANY possible sources of 22 inch WIDE stoves appreciated.

TIA

Reply to
Conase

Tough luck buddy, its life, fix it.

Reply to
m Ransley

Friend of mine in central NJ needs a new GAS wall oven.

However local gas company who did a small repair said you can no longer get parts and also said ovens are only available in 24 inch WIDE and up.

Please say it AIN'T so.

That would require practically a kitchen makeover with replacement cabinets,etc. She is looking for a single gas wall oven of the lower end quality you would find at Depot, Sears, Lowes, etc. - NO Vulcan quality stoves - only a simple basic stove for someone living in a co-op who does not do a lot of cooking.

I have been looking on Google for about a half hour now and NO GOOD. All I find are 24 inch WIDE and up.

As I said, she is in central Jersey but right now ANY possible sources of 22 inch WIDE stoves appreciated.

TIA

OP HERE for anyone elso also looking on Google for 22 inch stoves. I saw MANY posts on newsgroups in the search. So I am not alone. Many apartment dwellers in big cities a la The Big Apple need this stuff.

I kept trying different terms for the 22 inch wide oven = BINGO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Summit stoves makes them SPECIFICALLY for people with OLD units and no space to expand.

All come with timers and electronic igniton.

Also located in Bronx NY - about an HOUR away.

Conase