Replace double oven?

I have two houses with wall unit double ovens and separate cooktops. All electric and over 20 years old. Its time to replace those suckers but its expensive anywhere from $800 to a few thousand dollars and only last about 5 years then becomes a maintenance issue. Those are in rental units where one renter will take care of it and the next renter will destroy it. Anyway I'm debating on removing those double ovens and replacing the cooktops with free standing slide in ranges. Those ranges are only about $500 each but I properly end up redoing the counter top and try to match the wall unit cabinets with new doors. Any reason for not doing this? Cost for me is just for material and time. Never understood why double ovens are so expensive compare to free standing ranges.
Hi,

Probably supply and demand...maybe 1000 free standing ranges made for 1 built in oven?!!? ( just a guess )

I can't see why not. Lower service costs on a free standing range than on built in stuff as well. Hopefully the power is ok for the range rather than 2 seperate units.