Thermadore Wall Double Oven

Just recently the springs to the top door of a thermador Masterpiece msc229 sprung.

I can get the parts online but I have no idea how to get at them for installation. A few people told me that the doors come off easy, but they don't. Does anyone know where I can get a blowup schematic of this oven?

thanks in advance

tony t

Reply to
atravelino

Hi,

Very few Thermdors up here with me....but -some- that I have ran into have a hole in the hinge and the door is opened and a pin/nail is installed in the hinge hole to hold the hinge together so the oven door can be removed.

area.

area.

Hope they help :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Going from ancient memory here so I have no idea if the model we had matches yours. The doors do come off easily. Open it all the way and make sure the stops that follow the curve of each hinge are extended. When they are, the door can't be closed and there won't be a problem of the hinge retracting into the oven when the spring is replaced.

Grab the door firmly and pull straight out. Beware, it's *heavy*.

Regarding replacing the springs, I'm almost certain the oven will have to come out of the wall for access. Think it's straightforward thereafter.

Mike snipped-for-privacy@onuj.com (reverse domain)

Reply to
Michael S. Trachtenberg

Are you sure it's the springs that actually sprung? We've more often found such problems to be a problem in the spring cables and/or roller brackets. If the cables have gone, chances the rollers need replacing as well. JMO

MSC229 Roller, Hinge, Right

MSC229 Roller, Hinge, Left
MSC229 Cable, Door Hinge
MSC229 Spring, Upper Door

I'm pretty sure they do and as Michael said below, the oven will likely need to be removed from the wall as well. :(

Reply to
Dan O.

Are you sure it's just the springs that sprung? We've more often found such problems to be a problem in the spring *cables* and/or roller brackets. If the cables have gone, chances the rollers need replacing as well. JMO

MSC229 Roller, Hinge, Right

MSC229 Roller, Hinge, Left
MSC229 Cable, Door Hinge
MSC229 Spring, Upper Door
Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Yes I am 99 44/100% sure it is the spring. I looked at the links that you sent, THANK YOU btw, and the cable is intact as well as the hinge. When I open the lower over, I can hear that squeek, like an old sceen door screech before they used pistons to close the door. We had that same sound on the upper oven and now it is gone.

I have to wait till my son comes over so I can pull it from the wall and check for myself...but, I have to take off the doors to get at some screws, that look like they are part of the assembly holding the oven in the wall.

thanks Dan

Reply to
atravelino