Put a Rubber on that Knob

Does anyone know where to get those rubber door knob cover thingies? I haven't seen them in years, but remember them. My outside doorknob is real hard to open when I am wearing gloves, and cold outside. There is no lock problem, just the knob is too slippery. It needs to be wearing a rubber !!!!

Anyone ?????

Reply to
99dollars

Gee Stormin mormin a new name a day, Get some prophilactics ribbed, and get the pink ones easier to see. Or I hear they have ones that glow in the dark now.

Reply to
m Ransley

Look in the yellow pages under disabled, disabilities, or handicapped. There are business that cater to the disabled and the disabilities act that went in effect back in the 90's (jeez remember the 90's ) I had to install rubber covers which also were kind of lever shaped on the knobs in the handicapped rooms of a hotel I was working at.

Good luck,

Craig in AZ

Reply to
cm

Yeah, that's what they all say. Pretty soon you'll be tossing little blue pills into your mail slot...

I like it when my knob is slippery!!!

There is some type of surgical procedure, they can snip a little duct inside your knob (actually in the door, right below the knob) and you should never need to worry about putting a rubber on your knob again. HTH.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

I-zheet M'drurz Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

LOL!!!

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

Have you considered replacing it with a level type handle?

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Or, better yet, maybe a *lever* type handle ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

tnom

Take one of those wide rubber bands (you do eat broccolli, don't you?!) and stretch it around the knob.

Reply to
Phisherman

I would seriously wash my hands after this.

Reply to
Joe

if you cant find one you just take some liquid tape(sold at just about hardware store in the electrical section) i got mine from Ace hardware store, they have it in Black, white, red, green, and i think orange?? not sure on that one... cost about $3.00 a small can with a brush in the lid.... paint the door knob with this stuff and it will not slip and act like the old rubber coated door knobs.... hope this helps.

Reply to
jim