writing on silicone rubber?

I have a silcone rubber "dog tag" that I'd like to put my name and phone number on for ID purposes should I drop dead during a run. (Ever the optimist ;-))

On one side its got moulded or perhaps laser engraved text but the other is flat. Is there anything indelible that will work on silcone rubber or is in possible to get it "engraved"?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

the pro's use to sign memorabilia like footballs so it wont rub off.

Reply to
Angela

Use a pen designed for writing on overhead projector acetate slides, they'll write on anything - I would guess Rymans would have them.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Also much loved by us magician types for signing glossy playing cards. You can buy them in Staples or from any magic dealer :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Black silicone sealant.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Do the tricks from magic dealers come with instructions on how to operate them?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes, although some may require a degree of skill. For example, the instructions may say 'now do an Elmsley Count/Ascanio Spread/Lewis Monte Move. If you already know what that is & can do the move its simple, if you can't it will be explained in the instructions. You then have to spend time mastering the sleight before you can perform the effect

Some effects are described as 'self working' which usualy indicates that you could perform them immediately. Some of these disappoint, you pay for the secret.

Two points, magic dealers are far worse than Estate Agents when it comes to exagerated claims - and 'knowing how to do a trick doesn't make you a magician' - see also 'having a few tools doen't make you a carpenter'.

If you want to get into doing a few effects to amaze & amuse your friends & family contact me off group & I will point you in the right direction.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman