Prepping & painting outdoor electrical mains conduit and box

With spring coming, I would like to paint over the newly installed galvanized metal conduit and outdoor meter box that was put in during our 200A service upgrade.
Couple of questions: 1. What needs to be done to prep? Can I just apply a regular outdoor paint primer or do I need special pre-prep and primer?
2. Can I use regular outdoor house paint over the primer?
3. Any rules about what can and cannot be painted? (I won't paint the meter face itself :)

/ galvanized metal and (I assume) your exterior latex paint. Easiest way is to ask the guy at the paint counter, although it's always a good idea to double-check the can instructions...mistakes happen.
Other than that, it all should be fair game for painting. Never hurts to double-check with the power company, 'tho, assuming you can find someone to ask.
Regular house primer and house paint would certainly work but might look funny if the brush marks show. Probably easier to mask off the area and use spray paint for metal that will give you some rust protection as well and give a better finish. Any primer labeled for exterior use over metal will work.
As for the rules, a quick phone call to the utility will give you a reliable answer.
BTW I am considering this upgrade myself, can I ask how much $ it was and how long it took. (ballpark, I know it has no real relation to my situation)

I had it done as part of a larger piece of electrical wiring and upgrades. But all-in-all, I would estimate it took 2 people about 1.5 days. Materials were maybe $1000 -- so all in all about $2k which is relatively cheap for my neck of the woods for upgrading an older house from 100A to 200A
I have had good luck with simply wiping the EMT down with paint thinner and spraying it with lacquer. I matched EMT to the screen cage medium bronze using the paint they sell to touch up rthe aluminum. If I was really worried about it I would have shot a coat of zinc chromate primer on first. (available at a boat $tore)