BS6891-2005 8.16.2 Gas Regs + Conduit Box + FP200/Firetuf

I have a 20mm conduit box (b/inlet, side-outlet, BESA).
Quite close to a gas pipe, neither box nor pipe can be moved.
I would prefer not using 20mm conduit.
I would use galvanised conduit box (threaded), gland & FP200.
In this instance I can not use a metal box re relevent gas regs:
BS6891-2005 8.16.2
Separation of installation pipework from other services.
Where installation pipes are NOT SEPARATED BY
ELECTRICAL INSULATING MATERIAL,
they shall be spaced as follows:
a) at least 150 mm away from electricity meters and
associated excess current controls, electrical SWITCHES
or SOCKETS, distribution boards or consumer units;
b) at least 25mm away from electricity supply and
DISTRIBUTION cables.
An alternative is modifying an insulated box...
o Saw off the side-outlet flat to the box side
o Tap to M20x1.5mm, fit gland & back nut
have used a black nut to emphasise in the photo.
It meets "separated by electrical insulated material" for gas,
but does it meet electrical regs & eg - "industry practice"?
Re bend radius, FP200 cable is cut down to singles on entry.
Reply to
Dorothy Bradbury
That's OK, yes. In fact, you could have bought the bits to do it. You just need a plastic besa box with side and back entry (e.g. Marshall Tufflex 2MRB7), a female adapter MAB2, a short length of 20mm dia conduit and solvent weld adhesive. The stuffing gland would then screw directly into the adapter (i.e. without the nut).
Reply to
Rumble

Site Timeline Threads

  • site's last updated in